How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

I dont understand at all. i do what you say and its not working. i downloaded what you said to download even tho it says for windows 8 and i use windows 7. i tried to find it for windows 7 but it wouldnt work. when i go to were i save the DPC_Interrupt.etl it sends me to windows performance analyzer and there is no graph that says dpc interrupt. i have a graph that says dpc/isr. how can i show you what i am seeing. also i did this xperf -I DPC_Interrupt.etl -a fileversion > fileversion.txt to see if i can see whats wrong in txt but it says unknown module on side even tho i clicked load symbols. LatenctMon says that hal.dll and ataport.sys are the main problems. please help

you don't have large DPC(ISR spikes.

Total = 436539
Elapsed Time, > 0 usecs AND <= 1 usecs, 18935, or 4.34%
Elapsed Time, > 1 usecs AND <= 2 usecs, 18621, or 4.27%
Elapsed Time, > 2 usecs AND <= 4 usecs, 19878, or 4.55%
Elapsed Time, > 4 usecs AND <= 8 usecs, 84569, or 19.37%
Elapsed Time, > 8 usecs AND <= 16 usecs, 113490, or 26.00%
Elapsed Time, > 16 usecs AND <= 32 usecs, 122574, or 28.08%
Elapsed Time, > 32 usecs AND <= 64 usecs, 23956, or 5.49%
Elapsed Time, > 64 usecs AND <= 128 usecs, 31902, or 7.31%
Elapsed Time, > 128 usecs AND <= 256 usecs, 2573, or 0.59%
Elapsed Time, > 256 usecs AND <= 512 usecs, 41, or 0.01%
Total, 436539

at the time when you get this HAL.dll usage, it is a bit USBPort.sys usage. So it looks like you transfer data to USB devices, probably because of your TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter which sends data. You can try to get newer drivers.

Hello all,

I've had the same kind of issues with my laptop running Win 7 Pro 64bits for a couple of months, I've searched tons of threads trying to find what the problem is, but so far nothing has worked :(

Process Explorer shows that sometimes, "Interrupts" will just fire up and start using 10-12% of the CPU charge continuously, all on one of the core, and my computer just starts slowing, blowing, heating, and eventually switched itself off a few times because it reached too high a temperature. The only seem that solve the issue is to reboot the computer, and sometimes this will happen every 30 min, sometimes every few hours.. Happens when I'm watching movies, listening to music, going anything, or even when the PC is idle.

Using the information in this thread I've tried to start troubleshooting the problem, it seems that it comes from ACPI.sys but that's pretty much all I've found out. I've updated all my drivers, installed Windows updates, so far nothing will do.

I've uploaded an .etl dump to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14785207/log.zip , if you guys can find anything that could help me solve that I would be very grateful, it's been driving me crazy for weeks..

Thanks a lot!

E.

if you guys can find anything that could help me solve that I would be very grateful, it's been driving me crazy for weeks..

check the temperature of your laptop CPU while you get the issue. ACPI.sys looks

driver was updated and even uninstalled it and was still having same problem.

which issue do you have? Do you have glitches? the data show that you don't have large spikes.

What happen to my highest interrupt to process latency?

do you also use a laptop? What is the temperature?