How to speed up boot process under Windows Vista or Windows 7

The ExplorerInit is extremely slow:

<interval name="ExplorerInit" startTime="24885" endTime="103322" duration="78437">

AV tools often cause such issues. You use MSE which is very slow (in my experience). So try to switch to a different AV tool and run the optimization again.

The ExplorerInit is extremely slow:

<interval name="ExplorerInit" startTime="24885" endTime="103322" duration="78437">

AV tools often cause such issues. You use MSE which is very slow (in my experience). So try to switch to a different AV tool and run the optimization again.

Thanks Andre :-) What is MSE? What do you suggest I do? Uninstall 'MSE' and install something else? What would you suggest?

Edit. Microsoft Security essentials...duh! I get you. Any suggestions as to what? Is Malwarebytes alone sufficient as a substitute?

Edited by JC1975

Just uninstalled MSE. Didn't make the slightest difference. Is there anything else that could be causing the issue? Malwarebytes perhaps? Is there anything I can do in the registry to tweak the ExplorerInit settings?

Edit: Just disabled Malwarebytes and it took 30 seconds off the boot time down to 109 seconds. That's still a bit slow given how much ram and processor speed I have.....any further ideas as to how to get this time down?

Edited by JC1975

I can still see that MSE is running. Completely remove it.

I uninstalled it and it made no difference so I put it back on. I'll uninstall it and rerun the logs?

Edited by JC1975

do what I told you in post #574.

Activate boot logging in ProcMon, and NOW run the xbootmgr command to do a normal boot trace:

After reboot, stop ProcMon and xbootmgr and provide the ETL and the PML files (zip them again to reduce the size)

There you go Andre: http://tinyurl.com/co79w4b

Due to the size of the file I'm sharing via Tonido. Let me know if you have trouble getting the files.