Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

your Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB HDD is extremely busy during boot:

post-70718-0-47316500-1365831771_thumb.p

This cause the slowdown.

Also some services like Netzmanager Service (totalTransitionTimeDelta="44962" ), PowerBiosServer and DirMngr are slow to start.

Try to disable all unneeded services and programs, install the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup and run the optimization which I linked in the first post.

your Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB HDD is extremely busy during boot:

This cause the slowdown.

Also some services like Netzmanager Service (totalTransitionTimeDelta="44962" ), PowerBiosServer and DirMngr are slow to start.

Try to disable all unneeded services and programs, install the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup and run the optimization which I linked in the first post.

Thank you so far for your excellent help. Perhaps three additional questions just for info:

1) How did you identify the exact name of my HDD?

2) Does it make sense to install the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup if I applied all hotfixes as part of my regular maintenance routine in the past?

3) My HDD is totally encrypted with bitlocker. Could this be the reason for the heavy activities during boot?

1.) I see the ST name in the system window

2.) use the newer hotfix rollup. it is newer and bundles so many perf fixes

3.) this can be the cause. Your Intel i7 (1st Generation) doesn't seam to support Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) and this can cause the slow decryption.

1.) I see the ST name in the system window

2.) use the newer hotfix rollup. it is newer and bundles so many perf fixes

3.) this can be the cause. Your Intel i7 (1st Generation) doesn't seam to support Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) and this can cause the slow decryption.

It´s a mess. The devil lies in the details. I don´t succeed in downloading the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup. I found the hotfix package in the Microsoft Download Catalog and added it to the shopping basket. But when I opened it was always empty: [javascript: void(0)] Sorry for annoying you with my beginner´s problems. Once more thank you for your help. I appreciated it very much.

which IE do you use? Do you use addons to filter ads or JavaScript?

I don´t use an ads filter and have java-script enabled. So as a last try I made a total reset of my IE 10.0.9200.16540 ........without a result!

Now I found a direct link for the patch. http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/updt/2013/03/windows6.1-kb2775511-v2-x64_ec18cc10e27faf443c17e7a8073c9eba773eb13e.msu But something was strange. When I opened my list of windows security updates I found beside my new package (KB 2775511) all the other single updates whereas I expected them being replaced?

Edited by albert1234

Hi

I was hoping someone could give me some feedback as to what is causing my HTPC to take ~20 seconds to wake from S3 sleep. I have no problems with entering S3 sleep, that only takes ~2 seconds.

My system specs are : Win7 x64 / Intel i3-2100 / GA-Z68XP-UD4 / 12 GB RAM (4GB allocated as IMDisk RAM Drive) / 750GB System Drive / 4x 3TB Storage Drives / HVR 2200 PCI-E tv tuner / HD4670 1GB PCI-E Video card / MCE USB IR Receiver / USB Keyboard / USB Mouse / 1080P TV as display connected via DVI

Attached is summary_sleep.xml

Some additional information

LMRemote - I use this to IR blast my audio receiver

TVService - This is the tv part of mediaportal, an essential service for my HTPC

Speedfan - I use this to keep my HTPC quiet

Crystal Disk Info - I use this to monitor SMART data to warn me of potential HDD failure in advance

MCEStandby Tool - Probably not necessary could try remove is causing problems

MPTray - Could probably remove if causing problems

Unified Remote - Would like to keep this, but can remove if problematic

AVG Antivirus - Would like to keep this, but can remove if problematic

Google Chrome - I see this featured a lot, I had google chrome open with 9 windows when I did this test, I could rerun the test without google chrome open if necessary

Root/Legacy IMDISK - This is my 4gb ram drive, I could change to different ram drive software if this is a problem

My HTPC software is Mediaportal, I don't require any of the windows media centre services if they are causing any problems

Thank you

Mike

EDIT: I also disabled everything above except for AVG (I got access denied when I tried to stop the AVG services) and I reran the test, resume was slightly faster, but still almost 20 seconds long and way longer than my other PC which only takes 2 seconds to resume from standby. Attached is summary_sleep_clean.xml which are the logs with all the above services/applications disabled

summary_sleep.xml

summary_sleep_clean.xml

Edited by kiwijunglist

resume is fast (1s), but initializing the BIOS is slow (35s):

biosinit="35204000" resume="1025000">

Look for a BIOS Update and load the default settings.

Wow, that was easy, thank you.

EDIT: UEFI BIOS Flash killed my mobo, and dual bios failed :( :( :( :( :(

EDIT #2: Got board replaced same day from distributor with a GA-Z77X-UD5H , a board that costs WAY more :)

Edited by kiwijunglist

in this case you have to live with the slow boot.

This morning I checked the PerformanceDiagnostics and got the following message:

BootStartTime 2013-04-20T08:54:44.687200300Z

BootEndTime 2013-04-20T08:57:45.898317400Z

BootTime 89178

I thougt BootEndTime - BootStarttime=BootTime???