Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

is this Yota access service needed to connect to the Internet?

Have you tried MSE or Avira? Are they better?

Actually Yota access service is needed for the internet connection

and Avira is the antivirus that I have installed on my system that is what

I sent in my last report and now I'm gonna try MSE just to check if this time

going better.

kind regards,

Allan

is this Yota access service needed to connect to the Internet?

Have you tried MSE or Avira? Are they better?

Hi MagicAndre,

I think this time it is much better since my computer have booted and run much faster than before with MSE

but here it is the new report http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4J0WE1R

kind regards,

Allan

Edited by AllanFreelancer

no, it is the worst of all. Now Windows takes 52 to boot to the desktop and 78s to boot completely. So the is the worst result.

Remove MSE again and install Panda. Run the optimization. Panda seems to be the fastest tool for your PC.

Ok I will do that and thanks for your help.

kind regards,

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andre,

I'm having some difficulties with my shutting down/sleep. The problem is whenever I shut down or sleep my windows 7 x64, it hangs with the monitor turned off and doesn't shut down, the only option left is to turn it off by the power button or cold reset it. BUT if I plug off manually the USB audio interface device from the USB port it shuts down/sleep properly. I'm pretty sure the problem is driver related as I'm using an external USB audio interface with a Vista driver. The device is Tascam US-122 and Tascam discontinued the product right before Windows 7 came out and therefore I'm forced to throw away a perfectly working device and spend another 150$ for a new one for which I'm not in condition.

So, as an expert in windows booting and shutting down procedure, I would like to ask you if you could find a solution or a workaround for my problem to somehow disable the device using windows before it goes to sleep or shuts down so it won't hang? Do you think if I make a shut down trace report you will be able to help me out on this one?

Thanks up front!

Those are the drivers for the third generation of that model. US-122MKII. There was first US-122, got discontinued, then came out the US-122L, but really sucked(according to reviews) and the last US-122MKII was made.

I don't believe those would fit my model, because the drivers from US-122L did not fit either. But I shall try and report.

EDIT: Nope, they do not work.

I was thinking in the direction of somehow disabling the usb port before shutdown/sleep, and came across devcon, but it doesn't work for the usb port. Disabling the usb port on which the device is connected, or disabling the device itself through device manager results in a "device manager hang" until the tascam is plugged out of the USB manually again. Darn, this seems like a simple problem to solve, but can't really think of any workaround.

Btw, here is the support page for Tascam US-122.

Edited by spiritfly

Thought of that one too, but I'm afraid there is going to be loss in performance.

DAW software like ableton with VST plugins require as much CPU and RAM resources as possible, which will be sacrifices with virtualization.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MagicAndre,

I've tried your fixes and they helped a little bit but I'm hoping you can help me out with my slow start up; I've looked up everything I could find on the service that appears to be causing my slow start up "sftlist Start" and have tried the fixes on this page as it was the only site that had a possible "fix" for this that I could find but it did not help whatsoever. All my drivers are up to date, so I'm really at a loss as to the problem. Here is a screenshot of my latest result showing the Services section, let me know if there is anything else I could provide that might help you. Thank you in advance!

ifps39.jpg

Edited by WillMahler