Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Hi

I have used the tutorial on post 1 to do a trace of my shutdown and produce a XML file (attached). It takes about 5-10 minutes for the PC to shut down. Its a Toshiba C660 Laptop which is fairly new.

Frrom what I can see the delay is in ENDSHELL, GPCLIENT and PROFSVC.

Not entirely sure but I think the main cause is PROFSVC which is the user profile service but I am a bit stuck.

Can anyone advise further ?

thanks

summary_shutdown.xml

looks like you have notepad open and this takes 5min to close. Also the gpscript.exe hangs. Which group policies do you apply?

something strange just checked task manager and three notepad.exe running but only in processes, not opened notepad.exe today.

there is a logoff GP but I dont seem to be in it.

Can someone look at these HIBERNATE+RESUME logs? https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=8709d7dd459c3276&resid=8709D7DD459C3276!582

Windows 7 x64 Thinkpad W520 - 16GB RAM - SSD

Resume is taking a long time. From an uneducated look at the xperf output, I'm suspecting video drivers.

Thanks for such a great tutorial!

- Jon

@MagicAndre - Thanks! I'm not certain, but it looks like I was in ATA mode. I installed the latest AHCI drivers and times are down to 37 second read / 87 write. Does that sound about as good as it's going to get? I'm happy with it, but uploaded logs to https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=8709d7dd459c3276&resid=8709D7DD459C3276!582 in case you'd like to look.

Thanks again! I love using Hibernate, this will really help!

I checked, Intel SSD tools says it's got the latest firmware (2CV102M3) and Crystal Disk Info shows the disk's in good health. I've also reduced the hibernation file size to 50% (8GB) - maybe hibernation with this much RAM (16GB) is trouble?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

my WIndows 7 takes forever to boot, so I found this howto. The boot trace says that fltmgr.sys delays the start about 50s.

unbenannt1xrl.jpg

I searched for hours, but couldn't find anything related to my problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!