Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Really? The disk I own is one of the fastest on the laptops. Is it a common issue in HDDs or is this special to mine?

All those drivers' sys files are important to me. I'll do update but how much time they cause delay to my system exactly?

And is it normal my laptop starting to blink black flash at Welcome Screen?

Hi MagicAndrew,

After I have installed a new disk I had a perfect boot performance. But since some time I have a new unknown problem with boot time delay. Shortly before the laptop connects to WLAN the bootprocess is obviously interrupted. Perhaps you have tip to solve the problem. The link to the zipped etl-file is attached.

Manny thanks in advance

Albert

Edited by albert1234

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to find this thread.  I have a lab of 30 HP Elite 8300 ultra slim computers (Win7 x64). They are all fine, the lab monitor with the same computer has an issue.  After the Windows 7 boot logo, there is a black screen with the mouse arrow for 90 seconds, then I can login (domain attached), from login to desktop is another 10 seconds.

I have tried anything google has told me to do.  Then I found this thread.

I should note, when I uninstall the antivirus (AVG) the pre login wait time goes down to 40 seconds. I Pm'd you the link to the etl file.

Thanks.

capture a new trace, this time with tis command:

xbootmgr -trace boot -traceFlags BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER+LATENCY+DISK_IO_INIT+DISPATCHER+FILE_IO+FILENAME -stackwalk profile+CSwitch+ReadyThread+DiskReadInit+DiskWriteInit -resultPath C:\TEMP

Here I see more details about hangs/waits.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all i'd like to give my compliments to MagicAndre, you've helped a lot of people here :D

Anyway: i've been experiencing some weird issue during resume from hibernation, my hiberread times are over 700 seconds. I made a trace summary (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sfhjv0g2qe3hew/summary_hibernate.xml?dl=0) but i can't find any details from what happens while reading the hiberfile.

Edit: boot is pretty quick by the way, nothing wrong with that.

By the way: windows is an almost fresh install, i've had this issue since i installed it. The drive is a Samsung 840 Evo SSD, in an (a bit old) Dell Latitude E6510 laptop.

When i look at my HD led it blinks slowly during a minute or 6, and after that it suddenly starts lighting up (in the same fashion as it does when writing the hiberfile), and after about 20 seconds i've got the login screen in front of me.

So right now i'm trying to figure out what happens during the hiberread process.

Here's the trace itself by the way: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e24p8k3s6w5dio/hibernate_BASE%2BCSWITCH%2BDRIVERS%2BPOWER_1.7z?dl=0

Edited by mogas