Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Magic Andre,

Thanks for your help so far. Following your instructions and I am noticing that WinLogonInit, specifically Profiles taking a long time. I was wondering if you could help me figure out how to load the WinLogonInit Time through the etl file so I can trouble shoot this. I can send you logs if you'd like, but I'd prefer to learn how to do this, instead of immediately going to you for the solution.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by jareth

MagicAndre1981,

I've been having a problem with a super slow shutdown, and I've checked through the logs and cannot find any issues except for the

<interval name="NtShutdownSystem" startTime="42212" endTime="163596" duration="121383"/>

and

<interval name="IoShutdownSystem" startTime="42850" endTime="162971" duration="120121"/>

slows.

Attached is the file for the xbootmgr trace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=9be921abd6cbe820&id=9BE921ABD6CBE820%21216

The new shutdown summary is named "summary_Shutdown"

the old shutdown trace is just named "shutdown_info" if you'd like to compare.

Thanks again.

summary_shutdown.xml

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Due to my laptop taking up to 6 minutes to boot, I decided to debug it. I came across this thread and just made a boot trace and took a look at it, and I found that the "WSearch Start" service is taking an extremely long time to load. Is there any fix to this issue? I believe that disabling the service would effectively cripple my system's searching speed.

Here is the boot trace if you require it: http://sdrv.ms/13DupGB

Edited by Chuakid