Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Thanks! I'll look into the errors thing and see about re-running it. You are correct- my HDD stays active for a long time when I boot up.... I've moved my HDD to AHCI in BIOS, uninstalled ZoneAlarm, uninstalled AMD CCC, and disabled QBFMonitorService. I left Windows IMage Acquisition service since I do use my scanner/webcam/cameras often. (If I understand that service correctly I need those). Startup still seems super slow I've sent a new trace.

THANK YOU!

Andrew

Edited by adnedarn

yes, boot is still slow. What I can see is that the enumeration of the IDE drives takes over 10s:

pnpObject name="PCIIDE\IDEChannel\4+3803e7e3+0+1" type="Device" activity="Enum" startTime="362" endTime="11862" duration="11501" prePendTime="0" description="IDE Channel" friendlyName="ATA Channel 1" />

Which IDE devices do you have connected?

The disk is still the issue. It is busy during boot nearly all the time. Remove as much as tools as you can.

A possible solution would be using a SSD as systemdrive and use the HDD only to store data on it.

I see, Maybe I changed the sata settings for the wrong controller, I will double check (there are two on this motherboard). By tools do you mean spyware/antivirus/optimization stuff? I don't think there are anymore on here. I only had zonealarm and malwarebytes- malwarebytes I had removed a few days ago. For hardware I have a 1 dvd drive, 1 dvd rw, 1 floppy drive, 1 sata HDD, video card, audio card.

Thanks,

Andrew

Yep, I activated it on the wrong sata plugs.... So I did the other and got BSOD. Maybe I'll try plugging the drive into the other sata plug and see what that does.

Edited by adnedarn

Hi Magic and many thanks for helping us improving our computers!

I found you when searching for ways to reduce the boot time and I did it! from about 120 secs to about 30 secs... (I load avast after all services and I made also a few similar tweaks for Teamviewer etc.).

I still have two issues though:

1. I can't reduce the time needed for resuming from hibernation.... It's resuming in about 70 secs now...

First of all I had about 180 secs, then I stopped the superfetch service and got 70 secs... I made a few tweaks thanks to you and I re-enabled superfetch and managed to keep the 70 secs time.

My hibernation file is half of RAM (4/2=2 GB). and RAM in use is 1.5 GB when I put it to hibernate. I tried also the 100% and 75% size and the difference in resuming speed is pretty low if among them.

I still think it's too much time though only to resume from hibernation and first of all I would like to know only if it's possible to reduce it.

2. I don't have any event in the event viewer - windows - diagnostics performance - operational...They stopped logging one year ago, I cleared them, did all sort of things I found out on the internet but without success...

Also when opening the event file from Windows Prefetch/Ready boot folder it says I have some events lost and I should run some help query in the commander prompt (pretty useless), then the program is having a problem and it closes.

I had some time ago several partitions of my drive formatted by Mac Os and and LinuxOpenSuse, maybe they interfered with the MBR and that's why the problems? The respective time I was using a GRUB 2 bootloader.

In order to hibernate again I gave up both of them and everything is formatted in NTFS now.

My computer is a MSI G41M4-F MB with Intel G41 chipset, E5700 DualCore processor, 4 GB of RAM, 1 TB Sata II, Realtek Network/Sound, GeForce GT 7300.

Thank you in advance!

I believe not as I don't find any option in Bios and I already updated it several days ago. :(

also the MSI doesn't tell anything as far as my level of understading... I still have SATA II but I don't know whether also AHCI.

can you please check: MSI G41M4-F is the Mobo.

should I reinstall the OS and choose AHCI when installing? (if it's possible, otherwise I leave it this way).

Thanks for advice.

<timing pnpSystemStartDuration="578" pnpSystemStartEndTime="6076" pnpSystemStartStartTime="5498" pnpBootStartDuration="3621" pnpBootStartEndTime="3657" pnpBootStartStartTime="36" postBootDisturbance="9223372001875" postBootRequiredIdleTime="10000" osLoaderDuration="7514" bootDoneViaPostBoot="-1" bootDoneViaExplorer="24979">

I think it's OK. ;) Cheers!