Disable win+space hotkey

WishCow

Hey

If someone can answer my question, he/she shall receive my eternal gratitude. I have been looking for this for 2 hours, and I cannot find a solution.

The problem:

I want to use the win+space shortcut for Launchy, but windows wants to steal that from me for some "peek desktop" thingy.

This combination is burned to my fingers like alt+tab is, so I really really don't want to change it. I also use the same combination for Gnome-Do in Ubuntu.

I have read that you can disable all the windows+* key combinations with a registry entry, but I want to keep the win+e win+r win+d shortcuts.

So:

How can I disable only, and only the win+space shortcut? I don't care if I have to turn to dll hacking, registry editing, file deleting, killing someone, whatever, just give me back my win+space.

Edited by WishCow

Thank you for the great suggestion, but unfortunately it's not good.

I managed to override the shortcut, but Launchy still says "The hotkey is already in use".

I'll try looking through the docs, maybe I can simulate another key combination.

Thank you for the great suggestion, but unfortunately it's not good.

I managed to override the shortcut, but Launchy still says "The hotkey is already in use".

I'll try looking through the docs, maybe I can simulate another key combination.

I would try assigning "Launchy" (whatever it is) to that key combination from INSIDE autohotkey....

jaclaz

• 10 months later...

Ha! Managed to get it work with the following:

#space::
Keywait LWin
SendInput ^{Space}

Thank you for the suggestion! I love you!

Love it, too! ;]

I personally didn't like the fact that this particular script requires me to release the Win key before it sends the Control-Space, so I did the following instead:

#space::SendInput !{Space}

That way Launchy appears immediately (and oh yeah, I use Alt-Space for Launchy instead of Control-Space, although I might change the hotkey for Launchy to something completely bizarre now that I have my beloved Win-Space back!).

Wonderful stuff, I'm so glad I finally found this! ;] Thanks guys!