New features for SFXMaker

iuli_kyle

Hi,

I'm opening this topic to ask you guys what you would like to add new to SFXMaker, since i reached a stage where almost all included features are stable (yes, next version comes with some fixes). I'm in lack of ideas, that's why i'm asking you. Also, i would like to set-up a developing team to make things easier for me and for you guys.

Waiting your suggestions and replies :)

Hi,

Just I discovered these:

- When we choose the path of the file to run after decompression, the program did

not point to the directory choosed on the first step.

- File version can not be changed (it's always 4.65.0.0);

- Program version from About tab -> About is 1.2 RC2 instead of 1.2 or 1.2 final;

- About the installer made with Inno Setup: on Select Start Menu window, in the

field is written (Default) (I think SFXMaker is be better).

Edited by radix

@ radix :

1. You mean that the switchless installer is not working as it should ? Please be more explicit :)

2. Version change always worked for. I will test again and see what i can do.

3. That's actually the Translation Version.

4. I think that's easy fixable.

@jamesbebby :

That's a little bit tricky, because i have no space left in the main GUI. Expanding GUI will be a solution, but that needs a lot of parameters modification. I'll try anyway to come with a more configurable config.txt, maybe not in the next version.

Thank you guys for your opinions. Waiting more of them :)

Edited by iuli_kyle

@ radix :

1. You mean that the switchless installer is not working as it should ? Please be more explicit

Sfx work fine, but I think that in the program when we choose the path of the file to run after decompression, will be better to point to the directory choosed in the first step instead of the directory where is located SFXMaker.exe. I downloaded the zip archive, not the installer.

If possible the option to make proper sfx i,e copy executable file or folder with executable to say program files and add icons to start menu desktop ec.t. so executable file can be run later on i don't mean run an installer :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

hello iuli_kyle! thanks for this very helpful tool! :thumbup

may i ask if it's possible to take the best features/functionalities from:

CreateurAddOn Pack Maker (by: vier)

CreateurSFX (by: vier)

Add-On Maker for Nlite (by: {_carnificina_})

True-AddOn Maker (by: Baran SEREN)

Inf Assistant v0.23 (by: Jonnyboy)

FGCBA (by: n7Epsilon)

could be wishful thinking for an ultimate addon maker ... that beginners can breeze through & even advanced users can utilize ... cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hello iuli_kyle! thanks for this very helpful tool! :thumbup

may i ask if it's possible to take the best features/functionalities from:

CreateurAddOn Pack Maker (by: vier)

CreateurSFX (by: vier)

Add-On Maker for Nlite (by: {_carnificina_})

True-AddOn Maker (by: Baran SEREN)

Inf Assistant v0.23 (by: Jonnyboy)

FGCBA (by: n7Epsilon)

could be wishful thinking for an ultimate addon maker ... that beginners can breeze through & even advanced users can utilize ... cheers!

Just to clear up things. SFXMaker is a tool designed to create switchless installers, not addons. It supports already to create nLite Addons (addons that can be integrated/slipstreamed with nLite) for the installers you create with SFXMaker.

The purpose of this topic was for users of SFXMaker to ask for new things they would like to see implemented. If you would like to see something new, please be more specific.

Glad you like SFXMaker ! :D

Edited by iuli_kyle

hi iuli_kyle! indeed i like SFXMaker ... thanks for the reply ... i'm aware that it's for switchless installers ... just like what i posted, it could be a wishful thinking to extend the functions of your tool ... it would be great to use just 1 tool for all :P cheers!

how to i add shortcut in program menu.

I asked similar question,

If possible the option to make proper sfx i,e copy executable file or folder with executable to say program files and add icons to start menu desktop ec.t. so executable file can be run later on i don't mean run an installer.

No reply yet.

@Kiki Burgh : I would be crazy to expand the functionality of SFXMaker to create addons too. It would be too much work involved, major changes in the source code, GUI redesign. Plus, i know little about addons creation, but that's documentable. (Hmm, i smell a new tool :D)

@sirmor_xp and urie : I said in an earlier post that i could add an option to let you edit config.txt (which will let you do what you asked for), but you can do this with a batch file, which is already supported in SFXMaker.

Anyway, i would like to set up a Development Team for SFXMaker, with bug tracker and all the stuff. Anyone interested, but capable, can apply for this on the official forums or here. You have just to know to code in AutoIT. Waiting for your replies !

@Kiki Burgh : I would be crazy to expand the functionality of SFXMaker to create addons too. It would be too much work involved, major changes in the source code, GUI redesign. Plus, i know little about addons creation, but that's documentable. (Hmm, i smell a new tool :D)
:yes: exciting ... can't wait ... thanks iuli_kyle!

:yes: exciting ... can't wait ... thanks iuli_kyle!

Well, i just felt a little amount of it smell :)) Sorry, but i don't have the time to create a new tool. I'm involved in too many projects and it's very hard to handle them when you work singular. That's why i would like to set up a mini Development Team, but no one seems to be interested. However, i will have a lot of free time in the summer, when maybe i will begin coding a new tool for addons only. Maybe ...