Problems with Nlite

bujashaka

I searched with google and found some posts with same problem but so far haven't been able to fix this.

So when i try load the OS with nlite it gets all info but not the file size. Keeps loading and task manager shows Not responding.

Program doesn't crash but just keeps loading altho i think nothings really happening there...

I extracted OS files to c:/winxpsp3 folder. Tried 2 different ways. Manually and then with 7zip.

I've all the latest updates at moment. XP sp3.

I've tryed to disable my kaspersky anti virus.

I'm running on asus g71v so it should be quite fast and not take this long.

Any ideas i should try next???

Thanks in advance.

bujashaka, first, welcome to the forum and second, please read the forum rules (link at top). Your title is meaningless. Please edit your first post and change the title to reflect the problem you are having.

Now, what do you mean extracted? You should copy all files/folders from your CD into a new (empty) folder and then point nLite to that folder. NLite will do the copy for you and you should not copy the files/folders into the root directory (C:\ usually). For future problems, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Hi John!

You should copy all files/folders from your CD into a new (empty) folder and then point nLite to that folder. NLite will do the copy for you and...

Not really.

You create an empty folder (not C: , better: D:\XPCD ) and insert your untouched XP-CD in your CD-ROM.

Then start nLite and let it do the copy by pointing nLite first to the CD-ROM, then (for copying) to your created folder.

Don`t copy the files manually, you may run into trouble (hidden files, read-only files).