NTLDR Missing Error when booting Vista

barnold

Hi,

Appreciate any assistance.

Background:

I have a dual-drive, dual-boot (XP and Vista) system. Vista was configured as the primary OS with the boot files. The Vista drive has 5 partitions (with the OS on one of them)

I needed to clone the system to identical hardware and used EZ Gig cloning software. EZ gig lets you deselect partitions and combine multiple drives/partitions into one image. Critical for me because the data partitions on the Vista drive had 150+gb of data (way to big for an image), and it allowed me to create an image of a dual-drive, dual-boot configuration, or at least so I thought. If someone knows of a better tool please let me know.

The image did not drop successfully on the XP drive, in fact, no data at all dropped on the XP drive. But I don't care about that because the XP drive really isn't that important. And I can't redrop anyways because the image got corrupted :-(

I believe the image did drop correctly on the Vista drive, but it throws this classic error.

NTLDR is missing Press Cntrl + Alt + Delete to Restart.

I assume that the Vista OS is expecting to see XP on the other drive.

The XP drive is disconnected now. Can we change the boot settings on the Vista drive so that it is the primary drive?

Can someone walk me through some troubleshooting steps?

I just want this system to boot with Vista on it.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Brian