No Display Output

Tumps

I've recently built myself a new machine and sold the old bits to my dad

I take his graphics card and his RAM and transplant into my old machine..... i also bought him a new PSU

Put it all together and wire it up correctly and get no output for the moniter, it stays in standby......

I take back the graphics and RAM and try his machine again.... works fine....

I asume that the MB has died somehow as it's over 3yrs old and never really been shut off and i've been storing it for him for about a month and it might have gotten knocked around

So we buy a new MB and Processor and fitt it all back together, just booted it up and........ nothing a blank screen....

I know that the Graphics work, RAM works, MB and Processor not the issue as they are brand new, and the PSU is also new, never been used.....

Any Ideas????

Any help would be great, happy to give more details if needed aswell

Cheers

Ram compatibility, CPU compatibility... check those against the MoBo (old/new) specs. There's usually some info in the Manual(s) as to the combos that will/will-not work. Sometimes "jumpers" to select the FSB which must match.

The problem seems to resolved itself..... and now it appears a fualt stick of RAM was to blame......... altough it did do the same with working RAM from another system....... weird..... anyway this can now be closed and thanks for the help