Server 2008 SP2 slipstream project- HELP!

SaltheSage

So basically my goal is to have a slipstreamed version of 2k8 with SP2 integrated, and perhaps even a few other apps preloaded.

I've been poring over forum after forum and site after site and have essentially gotten nowhere.

I'm hoping someone else has been playing around with this and might possibly be willing to share some love, or at least advice...

Cheers! B)

Maybe I'm just dee-deh-deeing, but I can't seem to find anywhere to download it from microsoft, i found a few sources like mydigitallife and tinyurl and such, but my school's DNS blocks those DLs so.

Could you kindly point me to a download link from microsoft? i've searched the site for about the last hour...

Also, if I did want to do this manually would anyone have a tip or trick?

I've got WAIK going, a bootable USB, and a bunch of caffeine

::EDIT:: I see now that I need an MSDN account.

Edited by SaltheSage

If you are going x64 why not just use W2K8-R2, AFAIK it is already slip-streamed. Otherwise, I think the x86 slip-stream got limited to TechNet and MSDN Subscribers.

Dreamspark might sell you a copy cheap if your school is eligible.

EDIT: Just tried to find ISO link for R2, it says I need to register and yada yada yada. Sorry, cannot find you a direct URL to the ISO.

Edited by MrJinje

Assuming you have 2008 SP1 installation media and a way to run a virtual machine, the easiest way to do it (considering the public 2008 trial ISOs disappared when 2008 R2 was released) is to use the reverse-integration method. Considering it will work almost exactly the same as Vista SP2 slipstreaming, and we have a thread on just such a thing here, I'll just link to that thread and you can read it from there rather than have me duplicate it here.