problems with <DataImage>

I have some problems runnning windows 7 unattended.

1. First problem is I can't use DataImage section in unattend.xml without specifying the diskid and partitionid. This sucks because sometimes the diskid specified in answer file is not the same with the physical disk I'm instaling. This happens when there are more hard drives in system. So has anyone found a solution to overcome this problem?

2. the second problem is with drivers. In windows xp we added drivers at T39 using $oem$ and winnt.sif. with windows 7 I didn't find a similar way to do this. This is because I can't use a relative path to specify the path to a wim file. I believe that waik is build with one thing in mind. Install over network. But what about people who start setup from a dvd or external drive?

3. I found out that integrating drivers unsing $WinPEDriver$ or a script to specify the path to a folder with drivers sucks because windows replaces some drivers with the one from that folder. For example I have a driver for the TPM chip but it's for 64 bit systems. Somehow setup deosn't see this and on a 32 bit windows 7 it copies the driver over the good one and then blue screen at some point in the installation. I tried to use the reg key with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\devicepath, but windows 7 doesn't use this in setup.

Edited by patronu