2503 error with new user account

jumino

I know this issue has been addressed before. When I set up a new user or power user account, some programs "reinstall" but get hung up with a internal error 2503 and the programs, particularly MS Office 2007, will not load.

I have changed permissions of system, administrators, users and power users in windows\installer, mso cache and a host of other potential problem areas, all to no avail.

In other posts, it mentions a registry fix in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer . It said to "change" the key to;

Administraotrs - Full

System - Full

Everyone - Read

On my system, there are no such registry keys. can someone please tell me exactly what type of keys to create and what to write in them. In simple, id*** proof detail. It was mentioned to "propagate" the key with inherited permissions. i have no idea how to do this. thanks.

Also, if there is another/better fix to this issue, please advise.

Thank you.

In other posts, it mentions a registry fix in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer . It said to "change" the key to;

Administraotrs - Full

System - Full

Everyone - Read

On my system, there are no such registry keys.

by the way there no keys like what u r looking for , it is permissions

u will have to navigate to this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

the right click on Installer -- > the choose permissions from pop up menu , then u can edit the permissions as u like

Edited by Oxygen

Thank you very much for that. It definitely continued much further this time. Now though, it stops out at "Office shared mui (english) 2007". Any idea what i can do for that to get it to finish? i looked in the registry and on my c: drive but i am not sure where else to look/what else to change.

Thanks again.