Reflash bios?

hakeem5454

Recently, my laptop stopped booting. I upgraded to Windows 7(clean install) and it worked just fine. A week later, i went to boot up my laptop and the boot up process hung at the "Starting Windows" screen. Every single time. I searched the problem online and the only answer i was able to come up with is something to do with the bios, i took the harddrive out and retrieved my files from it so the harddrive was fine. If the bios is the problem, how would i go about reflashing it? If its not the problem...what is?

(Laptop Model: HP Pavilion dv6660se, special edition)

Since your laptop goes as far as showing the Windows start-up, the BIOS is fine. I would try first booting in safe-mode (hit F8 at start-up, then choose Safe Mode) and if that doesn't solve the problem I would say a reinstall is due...

well, thats the thing, i already tried safe mode, no luck. It hangs at the screen that loads all the files. Also, i've tried using the windows repair from the cd. but the cd drive doesnt read the cd/dvd anymore either..although, i canhear it spinning. Any other suggestions :( The laptop is only a year old, it cant be that bad

So you say that the media spins up from the optical drive but doesn't even read from it?

Now, to talk about "only one year old Hp notebooks that are defective", than Bing on that; you will see that HP and nVidia is a deadly combination. HP loves to put in a cheap cooling system on a hothead nVidia chipset, and that's where the problems start. Reflashing your BIOS won't help at all.

Your notebook is going south, call HP for warranty, on some models they give 1 year extra warranty as they know that the models they made were crap...