Problems getting Nero 9 to silent

Tripredacus

I am using a modified script of my Nero 8 silent installer, which works fine. I had to add in the extra items, like ImagXpress and Nero Product Patcher.

@echo off
title Nero 9 Essentials Ste 3
echo.
echo Nero XML...
start /wait unit_tpi_msxml-4\neroxml.msi /passive /norestart
echo.
echo VCR...
start /wait unit_tpi_vcredist-x86-2005_KB973544\vcredist.msi /passive /norestart
echo.
echo ImageXpress...
start /wait unit_tpi_imagxpress-7.0.74.0\imagXpress.msi /passive /norestart
echo.
echo Updating DirectX 9c Redistributable...
start /wait unit_tpi_directx-9c-redist-d3dx9-30\dxsetup.exe /silent
echo.
echo Nero Product Patcher...
start /wait unit_tpi_NeroProductPatcher_85531\Nero_Product_Patcher_TT85531.msi /passive /norestart
echo.
echo Installing Nero 9 Essentials...
start /wait SetupX.exe /qb! /l*v "c:\windows\NeroSetupLog.txt" NSC_OPT="FALSE" NSC_DEFAULT_OFF="TRUE"

The following do NOT work:

ImagXpress: an error shows up in Event Viewer: ImagXpress.msi cannot be executed, run Setup instead.

SetupX: This just closes altogether. It also doesn't even write the log file. Now the code in there is for Nero8 installer, so things might have changed.

Any ideas?

Sorry, those switches didn't work either. We can't install Nero with a CD Key in it already. We are not using your standard version, using Nero 9 Essentials Suite 3, which is an OEM version. Here is the behaviour seen with those instructions on Win7:

If run normally, it either said it couldn't find setupx.exe OR crashed and wrote its Fault Bucket in Event Viewer.

If run as Administrator, Setupx.exe would open, but acted the same as if you just double-click it to open.

We have sent an email to Nero support, if they are able to answer the questions, I might be able to post the fix here.

Well at this point, we're holding off until we get a response from Nero. Reason being, it turns out (and they also confirmed they knew about this) that portions of Nero 8 and Nero 9 are not compatible with Windows 7 (any version). The part that doesn't work is NCC.EXE. This is a critical component, at least for us, as this is the program that reads the CD Key and activates the product. So we are waiting to get a compatible version of Nero 9 for Windows 7.

• 1 month later...