Help installing XP MCE on Laptop with RAID

shadesters

That is what it said under the mass storage controller.... maybe it is for the flashmedia, this laptop does have that... so maybe it has nothing to do with the harddrives at all??? I formatted the other harddrive and now I have all 120GB to use... I dont see a need to re-do anything at this point...

Mass Storage Controller Hardware ID's

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_00011179&REV_00

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_00011179

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&CC_018000

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&CC_0180

johnhc is right - these HarwareID's belong to the "Integrated Flash Media Controller" from Texas Instruments and have nothing to do with your hdd's and their Controllers.

That is a very surprising finding, because it verifies, that your system doesn't have a RAID Controller at all.

I have never heard before about a system, which has been set to "RAID" within the BIOS, but which will run in "AHCI Mode" nevertheless. That will always be Toshiba's secret.

I wondered already about the AHCI Controller, which is listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of your Device Manager.

I formatted the other harddrive and now I have all 120GB to use... I dont see a need to re-do anything at this point...
No, there is no reason anymore to redo the install or to install any other textmode driver.

The only thing you should do is to install the Intel Chipset Device Software (you can get it from >here< and the appropriate Ethernet driver for your system.

Have fun!

Fernando

I will download the chipset drivers and install them. Maybe there is no RAID thing in the device manager because the disks are set to JBOD? I have no clue... But I know that my brother won't care, as long as he can use all 120GB then he will be happy.

Also, there is a raid utility that i downloaded from the toshiba website under the downloads for the G25-AV13, and it won't even install. It says that it has to end prematurely for some reason. Oh well, maybe it is because of the same reason, the disks are in JBOD mode. Who knows...

But anyways, the computer is 100% usable again. So thanks for all your help guys! I could not have done it without you!

Maybe there is no RAID thing in the device manager because the disks are set to JBOD?
No, you don't see any RAID device within the Device Manager, because your SATA hdd's are running in "AHCI Mode" instead of "RAID Mode".
Also, there is a raid utility that i downloaded from the toshiba website under the downloads for the G25-AV13, and it won't even install. It says that it has to end prematurely for some reason. Oh well, maybe it is because of the same reason, the disks are in JBOD mode.
The hdd's of your brother's notebook are running in "AHCI Mode", which has nothing to do with RAID.
But anyways, the computer is 100% usable again. So thanks for all your help guys! I could not have done it without you!
You are welcome!

We learned much about Toshiba's "tricky" RAID Controllers, which are in reality simple Intel ICH6M AHCI Controllers.

Hopefully your brother will have fun with his reanimated Toshiba notebook.

Regards

Fernando