Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Both French -and- English. I have the UL (not the latest, but...) and yes, it -does- separate the Win10 into a separate sub-selection in case you want to (foolishly) have the spyware (malware/trojanware) installed for some esoteric reason.

OK, call me crazy but are these lists all a year old? Where can I get the 2016 stuff? I am trying to take a 7 OEM SP1 disc and get it up to date. Due to Windows Update issues it currently takes days to update new systems and we're trying to fix some of that. I have already tried Batch Patch Downloader (can only find v1.00, others do not seem to exist now) and another one, but WUD seems to be the only one which works. Is there any simple way to just get what I need or is this an impossible task now?

Also, what's this about spyware? Is WUD fake? Can anybody explain to me how to download just the updates needed to get Win 7 SP1 (2010) official media up-to-date so I don't spend a week downloading updates onto new systems?

Edited by Xenithar

Scroll up to the WinCert link. This one is no longer maintained but the one over there is.

As far as you "takes forever to update" Several basic files installed after Clean will cure that. I start with the v320 of Windows Update Agent and then install KB3102810 fix. Others recommend two additional ones.
www.msfn.org/board/topic/175491-clean-install-win-7-home-premium-now-cant-get-win-update-to-work-runs-long-long-time-stuck/

Also read this (link to WUA v320) - Happy Bunny Sophy -
www.msfn.org/board/topic/175482-windows-7-activationwindows-updates/

No, WUD is not fake. Who called it "spyware"?. If you open an "ULZ" with (e.g.) 7-zip and then open the "UL" you'll find that every single file is downloaded directly from Microsoft (links ar right there). WUD is only a vehicle for processing "The List". Why would you ask that? Pretty sure jcarle (the developer) would laugh.

BTW, you'll have to sign up on WinCert to get it.

Side Note - Have you also looked into "WSUS Offline"? Mind you, that one sometimes doesn't really give you everything or may give you something that's been superseded because it uses MS' very own WSUS files and sometimes give you more (or not enough) than you want.

As far as "this list" being outdated, the subject is being beaten to death. steven4554 no longer maintains it - read the first post and understand he may NEVER update it here again. The above are your (almost) only options (but there seems to be a/l one other source I don't remember off-hand).

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let me tell you it do not has Malware Updates (Win10 and telemetry related).

This is Simplix Pack in MDL Forum:

Spoiler

Simplix Pack to update Live Win7 System/ Integrate hotfixes into Win7 distribution

Set allows you to update Windows 7 SP1 (x86 x64) and Server 2008 R2 SP1 live operating systems, as well as integrate the updates in the distribution (Install.wim). Can be installed on any language. Includes all critical, recommended, and security updates and updates for all versions of Internet Explorer. Source: http://forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html

Usually the Pack is updated approx. on 15-20th day each month!

To download UpdatePack7R2 version 16.5.15 (size 680 MB) please refer to the above mentioned original site.
Just in case, here are the original download mirrors for the Pack: (edit: updated May 15, 2016)

File: UpdatePack7R2-16.5.15.exe
MD5 : d1de2f48615b2efa77f346c242345e59

Download:
direct
Mirror:
torrent rutracker

Changes in version 16.5.15

Added KB3138378-x86-x64, KB3140245-x86-x64, KB3142024-x86-x64, KB3153171-x86-x64, KB3153199-x86-x64, KB3156016-x86-x64, KB3156019-x86-x64
Added KB3150220-x86-x64 (replaces the KB3108669-x86-x64, Windows 7 only)
Added KB3153731-x86-x64 (replaces the KB3148851-x86-x64)
Added KB3154070-IE11-x86-x64 (replaces the KB3148198-IE11-x86-x64)
Added KB3155178-x86-x64 (replaces the KB3115858-x86-x64)
Added KB3155413-x64 (replaces the KB3124625-x64, Server 2008, only R2)
Added KB3156013-x86-x64 (replaces the KB3124001-x86-x64)
Added KB3156017-x86-x64 (replaces the KB2976897-x86-x64)
The following updates are not relevant and removed: KB2585542-x86-x64, KB3035132-x86-x64
The following problematic updates have not been added: KB3133977-x86-x64, KB3145126-x64 (only Server 2008 R2)
Next update will not be installed if IE11 is present: KB3155413-x64 (only Server 2008 R2)

The following updates are excluded:
KB971033 -x86-the x64 (Update for Windows Activation Technologies checking)
KB2952664 -x86-the x64 (System Update compatibility for migration to Windows 10)
KB2977759 -x86-the x64 (Diagnostics compatibility issues for upgrading to Windows 10)
KB3021917 -x86-the x64 (diagnostics and telemetry systems to upgrade to Windows 10)
KB3035583 -x86-the x64 (Update sets "Get Windows 10" application)
KB3068708 -x86-the x64 (Update to improve the quality of diagnostics and telemetry)
KB3075249 -x86-the x64 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
KB3080149 -x86-the x64 (Update for CEIP program and diagnostic telemetry)
KB3081954 -x86-the x64 (Update to improve the working folders and telemetry)
KB3123862 -x86-the x64 (Updated opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10)
KB3150513 -x86-the x64 (Updated configuration for compatibility diagnostics)

List of updates and changes history:
Original
Translated
(Can download document)

Localization
Updates themselves can be integrated on wim source with any language.

Using

For proper operation of the system must be at least 5 GB of free space on the hard drive and preferably not less than 1 GB of RAM. For flexible installation kit, you can use the following keys and key combinations:

1) To install updates on Live Windows7 System:

Key /Reboot to automatically restart if it is needed.
Key /S for a fully silent install with no windows and messages. Case is significant.
Key /Silent for passive installation - you can see the progress, but the installation is fully automatic.
Key /IE11 installs Internet Explorer 11 and its localization (optional).
Key /Temp= allows you to specify a work location (optional).

Examples:

Run command of choice from elevated Command Prompt (normally Pack should be placed in appropriate Disk or Folder):

-To install automatically and silently all updates, IE11, and restart your computer:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /silent /reboot

*UpdatePack is renamed to UpdatePack7R2.exe (can use original name also)

- To install automatically and silently, IE11, restart computer and specify temp working location

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /silent /reboot /Temp=C:\junk

** Instead of "junk" can use any other folder

-To silently install all updates, without change of IE, and the computer does not restart:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /S

To use the Pack as it is explained above in the example, you could rename downloaded pack to UpdatePack7R2.exe
or just using original name

2) To integrate updates/hotfixes into Windows7 distirbution (install.wim):

First, to see clear information about all the editions (Index Numbers) which is loaded on the particular wim image, use this command: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:C:\Images\install.wim (replace the path to your own).

These switches are designed to integrate the updates in this distribution:
Key /WimFile= specifies the location of wim-file, you must specify an absolute path.
Key /Index= indicates the index system in the wim-file for each index must be performed to re-integrate.
Key /Index=* allows you to integrate updates to all indexes in wim-file.
Key /Optimize to optimize the size of wim-file after the integration.
Key /AntiSMS integrates AntiSMS tool by Simplix in the System Restore, if there is a file AntiSMS.exe.

Notes:Not all updates can be integrated but they do not affect the security of the system.

Examples:

-To integrate IE11 and all the updates in one index:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /WimFile=C:\install.wim /Index=5

(or Index 1,2,3,4..For example Ultimate in x86 is Index 5 and in x64 Ultimate is Index 4)

-To integrate IE11 and all the updates to all indexes:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /WimFile=C:\install.wim /Index=*

-To integrate only the updates to existing products, without change of IE:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /WimFile=C:\install.wim /Index=5

(or 1,2,3,4..)

-If the system drive has no free 5 GB, you can specify folders for as image mounting and temporary files directory on any of the available disks using key /Temp=. Then the command line would look like this (for example):

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /Temp=N:\Mount /WimFile=N:\Win7\W7SP1_UPD\install.wim /Index=5

(or 1,2,3,4)
** In this example "N" is Disk or Partition with the Mount folder

- To use /Optimize Key:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /Optimize /WimFile=C:\install.wim /Index=*

or other example

Code:

D:\temp\UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /WimFile=D:\temp\install.wim /Index=1 /Optimize (previously deleted not needed indexes)

In these examples, Pack is renamed to UpdatePack7R2.exe

See some guidances here:

- Practical example;
- "How to" tutorial thanks to Skaendo here
- And ready made batch files

- Guidance in Russian on oszone

Alternative Windows 7 Integator, by boss911
Download, unpack it, than follow these steps:
1. Place the distribution of Windows 7 SP1 (file * .iso) in folder named "ISO" .
2. Download and rename Simplix Pack exactly to " UpdatePack7R2-XX.XX.XX.exe " (without quotes)and place it in folder "UpdatePack7R2" .
3. Run " UP7R2Integrator.cmd " as administrator to start extracting files from the ISO.
4. Will display a list of images/OS index in "the install.wim", will need to specify the index number (1 to 5) of the OS edition, in which we want to integrate updates, or specify " * " (asterisk, without the quotes), for integration the updates in specific edition.
5. It will start subsequent integration of updates.
Finally, it will propose to create a bootable ISO image, if you agree, at the end the finished image will be situated next to the "UP7R2Integrator.cmd".
Download:
For work in Windows 7 download here
For Work in Windows 10 download here Script is updated thanks to Abbodi1406 suggestion.

Additional Functionality

To automatically install updates on a working system together with IE11 and reboot: Rename Pack to
UpdatePack7R2--ie11++.exe
and run it.
This will be absolutely the same as using the following keys:

Code:

UpdatePack7R2.exe /ie11 /silent /reboot

or

Code:

UpdatePack7R2-16.2.15.exe /ie11 /silent /reboot

Notes

-The size distribution (wim-file) will be increased by the amount of installed updates.
-Windows 7 distribution will be fully updated, with exception of few hotfixes that cannot be integrated.
-Integrated updates can be deleted even after the installation of the system.
-Updated Windows 7 distribution is fully functional with its repair options like original Win7 ISO.
-To integrate the updates in Windows XP environment you need to install DISM for XP and Vista (download from here) Note: It is not recommended to use DISM under WinXP as it is not officially supported and because of possible errors
-It is recommended to unload from memory resident anti-virus monitor for the duration of the set.
-A detailed log of the updates in the file %WinDir%\UpdatePack7.log.
-You can automatically install SP1, if it is not installed on your system. To do this, place the files Windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe or Windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe in the same directory with the set.

TO KEEP IT ALIVE PLEASE SUPPORT SIMPLIX PACK: Donate

Become a Patron

Last edited by gamazet; 18 May 2016 at 02:26. Reason: Update May 15, 2016

Source: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/45005-Simplix-Pack-to-update-Live-Win7-System-Integrate-hotfixes-into-Win7-distribution

So I can tell you:

1.- After integrate this, WU works flawlessly

2.- No malware updates in it.

3.- IMHO it is better than Convenience rollup update.

alacran

Edited by alacran
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, bugsy2016 said:

Can someone please point me in the write direction to download the latest ulz file for windows 7 64/32 so i can create a updated disc as only one i can find is on the website but 2015.

cheers

I have updated the lists on OP, but you will need to change the file extensions from .zip to .ulz!

On 2/21/2017 at 9:26 AM, steven4554 said:

I have updated the lists on OP, but you will need to change the file extensions from .zip to .ulz!

Hi Steven, Surely you don't mean renaming the zip file, do you? I got the latest zip file, unzipped it and renamed the ul extension to ulz.

Error with this file after renaming it: "Windows Update Downloader stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution"

Please help, Thanks.

Edited by GideonK