Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, leo991104 said:

I would like to ask if which categories of updates are essential and which are purely optional since I want to minimize my download and integration time. Thanks.

I'll list them here

Security Update Rollup - This update is recommended to be installed ASAP! And are essential.

Non-Security Updates - These updates are optional, though to install/integrate KB3125574-v4 you will need to download some updates in this category.

Convenience Update Rollup - Very much recommended to install KB3125574-v4, as it contains nearly all updates Feb 2011 to Apr 2016! Some say this is Service Pack 2 for Windows 7.

.NET Framework 3.5.1 Rollup - This is recommended to be installed ASAP! And are essential.

Pre-Release - Only download if you're a keen tester of software.

Security - Optional, only MSE.

Language - Only if your first language is not English.

Update Rollup Preview - Test upcoming new rollup for Patch Tuesday.

Hope this helps clarify what the categories mean. :)

Edited by steven4554

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks steven454 for posting this and keeping it up to date. I've been finding my wife's laptop running slow and thought I ought to check its Win7 update history. Horrified to see it's now been updating automatically. (See attached screenshots) I couldn't find on the Windows 7 help what that all means but would you kindly tell me if there's no more MS support being produced? If there is/was a cutoff date? I'll look back in a few days meanwhile be well. TeachEnkrat.

17-7-28 list of installed updates ends at 10-8-2016.png

17-7-28 failing to update Win 7 OS.png

Windows 7 SP1 is supported until January 14, 2020. Currently it is on extended support. We don't know what happens on January 15, 2020. Will MS extend support atleast one more time like they did with XP multiple times or not. I'm thinking they won't.

• 3 weeks later...

As always, Thanks again Steven. MSFN lost a whole lot of comments and files.

However, this is what I'm getting trying to download the latest ulz files:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@msfn.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Edited by GideonK
new information.

Yes. We've noticed that issue with all attachments, since MSFN came back online. xper is working on it, and surely the downloads will be working again. Sorry for the inconvenience! :)

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:07 AM, GideonK said:

As always, Thanks again Steven. MSFN lost a whole lot of comments and files.

However, this is what I'm getting trying to download the latest ulz files:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@msfn.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Yes I noticed that yesterday when I was updating the posts, I thought I had gone back in time. Hopefully the downloads will work soon.  

Update - Downloads are working. 

Edited by steven4554

Hi Steven, On the the latest ulz file (July 10th) the dotnet framework was not downloaded: "ndp472 was not found on the remote server". this is so for both the 32 and 64 versions of the downloads.

Regards, Gideon. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, GideonK said:

Hi Steven, On the the latest ulz file (July 10th) the dotnet framework was not downloaded: "ndp472 was not found on the remote server". this is so for both the 32 and 64 versions of the downloads.

Regards, Gideon. 

Yes you're correct, I have updated the ulz's with the new version. 👍

Edited by steven4554

This is a great post, I used the ULZ in here to integrate both a 32bits and a 64bits windows, yet i still get about 26 (x86) and 28 (x64) more important updates and 31 more recommended (optional) updates, is this normal? some of the updates go back up to 2014, though

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, atoussama said:

This is a great post, I used the ULZ in here to integrate both a 32bits and a 64bits windows, yet i still get about 26 (x86) and 28 (x64) more important updates and 31 more recommended (optional) updates, is this normal? some of the updates go back up to 2014, though

Yes, as some of those updates have been superseded by the convenience rollup and recently released cumulative update rollup, so you can hide them. Though some are needed for features that are not part of the convenience rollup.

Edited by steven4554

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. Could someone of you my friends share a link to your own Win7x64Ult image with all the updates inside integrated that are available through March 2019 except telemetry and other hidden bad stuffs. Me and many others [regular users] would download it and would be grateful to you for your hard work. Thanks