Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

14 hours ago, GideonK said:

Hi Steven, Surely you don't mean renaming the zip file, do you? I got the latest zip file, unzipped it and renamed the ul extension to ulz.

Error with this file after renaming it: "Windows Update Downloader stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution"

Please help, Thanks.

Yes, you do need to rename the downloaded zip file, and then try to install the ULZ again. You don't need to unzip the UL file inside otherwise, you'll get the error message from WUD.

4 hours ago, bugsy2016 said:

I have same problem when i rename it from zip to ulz it loads into program but no updates listed and when i close it and load program back up get unhandled exception.

Should hopefully be fixed now, but since I'm updating the lists currently on a library computer which is restricted from installing software, I cannot test the UL's like I normally would.

Experiencing the same problem as olipaa and bugsy2016. Can't help but notice the method of renaming a zip file is new (That's what threw me for a loop in the first place).

In the past we simply executed the ulz file you provided. 

<update id="KB" category="0" publishdate="">
    <title>.NET Framework 4. Preview for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (KB)</title>
    <description></description>
    <filename>NDP463-KB-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe</filename>
    <url></url>
  </update>

Fix this and you good to go

02256c535111886.jpg 

12 hours ago, steven4554 said:

fedrace, thanks for the little oversight, I have now re-uploaded the new zip files, and hopefully everything should work now, and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

NP mate, it is working now. Thanks for your efforts.

Added the Convenience Rollup Update KB3125574-v4-x86 to my slipstream package and what do you know? Windows update discovers 60 additional fixes. Is this the new normal?

It's around 6 pm here but where you live it's already your birthday so, happy birthday to you and all the best, health above all. Welcome back. 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, GideonK said:

Added the Convenience Rollup Update KB3125574-v4-x86 to my slipstream package and what do you know? Windows update discovers 60 additional fixes. Is this the new normal?

It's around 6 pm here but where you live it's already your birthday so, happy birthday to you and all the best, health above all. Welcome back. 

Thanks, as for the 60 or so updates, they may have been superseded by the convenience update, though KB3125574-v4 doesn't cover all updates since SP1 was released like Feature Packs or Platform Updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...