Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Geez some questions, but I'll do my best to answer them:-

1) IE11 requires only 5 updates to be integrated before you can integrate IE11, as some updates that MS suggests have been superseded by newer updates. I have a dedicated IE11 Thread with all the downloads available: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/159082-internet-explorer-11-updated-10122013/

2) Only download Updates from Security, Non-Security and .NET Framework 3.5.1 sections, some updates come with Non-Integrate at the end, which obviously means you can't integrate those updates into your offline image. And it doesn't really matter which order you integrate them.

3) Nearly all updates are post-sp1, except for KB971033, KB917607, KB976002 and few others which were released when Win7 first come out.

Thanks, Happy New year to you

Something I've discovered working with your UL. Was having problems with integrated ISO failing setup in a virtualbox VM, and after a good couple days of debugging, discovered the culprit was KB2819745, Windows Management Framework 4.0. The error was after first reset, it would say "failure to configure one or more Windows components" or something like that.

Reading the KB article it looks like .net 4.5 is a prerequisite, which means this update is not integratable into an offline image, unless there's some trick I don't know about.

Target OS is Win 7 Enterprise x86 SP1.

Spot on, WMF 4.0 requires .NET 4.5 as a minimum, but since we cannot integrate 4.5 (no thanks to MS) into the offline image, it will have to be installed after you've installed Win7.

Unless you use reverse integration, which is a lengthy process or you can use a script to initiate setup programs after install of 7 but before you reach the oobe screen (place where enter your login details, product key, etc) to automatically install 4.5/4.5.1 and WMF4.0.

In the next ULZ's, I'll put a non-integrate warning for WMF4.0!

Yeah that would probably be good for anyone else like me, using WUD to get the updates then using Wintoolkit to integrate them. I'm trying to build an iso now with all updates except this one, so I guess we'll see how that goes. Hopefully no more nasty surprises...

EDIT:

OK so there were no more nasty surprises, setup installed successfully in virtualbox, setuperr.log 0 bytes. BUT... upon running WU in the guest, it reports some needed updates:

Important:
kb2510531
kb2861855 - remote desktop
kb2862152 - directaccess
kb2868725 - disable rc4
Optional:
kb2598845 - ie8 only
kb2574819 - remote desktop
kb2592687 - remote desktop
kb2703157

This list does not include kb2533552 which you reported as can't-integrate, or the hated kb971033.

EDIT 2:

BTW target OS = Win 7 Enterprise SP1 x86

Edited by Nameless Mofo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Answer to your questions:-

1) Yes it does, nearly every update on WIn7 has the 2 branches in one update, it usually best to force install/integrate the LDR branch cause it includes not only the latest fix, but all previous fixes too. GDR only has the latest fix and no previous fixes!

2) The differences are:-

a: my list come straight from MS servers, but does not include request only hotfixes!

b: WHD lists include nearly the same updates that are in my lists, but it also includes lots of request only hotfixes, which I don't provide!

Edited by steven4554