Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

On a separate topic, when I integrate all the May updates, WU offers me this:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

But the file size is only approx. 9 MB. Looking in the SoftwareDistribution\Download directory after installing it, all the files have references to KB2533552, which notably was superseded in May by KB3020369.

Anybody else seeing this?

yes, last night. Since I have been formulating my own way to get these updates I too came across that. I had the same EXACT question in my mind when I saw it. I was using virtual machine and it was on the win update list to be installed. But I did a CHECK for updates and when the check was complete that update was no longer on the list. It disappeared.

This is MY solution. I use win toolkit to do all the slipstreaming, component removal, tweaking etc. I find it better that rt seven lite. I use WUD to get the latest downloads, which we know are now till 3/25/15. I then use win toolkit to make my my win 7 ISO. I then run that on virtual machine (VM) and do a check for updates. any updates that need to be installed I then download (the MSU) from Microsoft download.com. If I do this every month or 2 months then I always have the lastest slipstreamed iso. I keep all these updates (MSU's) on a separate drive. win toolkit only integrates the msu's that are missing from the previous iso. NICE!

Regards...

ps..now doing this actual procedure and will report back on that kb976932 update again

OK just figured out what that service pack 1 thing was about. Turns out that installing KB2533552 (a non-integrate update) after the system is up and running satisfies WU and it doesn't offer SP1 any more. So even though it's supposedly superseded, something in it is still required by WU.

OK just figured out what that service pack 1 thing was about. Turns out that installing KB2533552 (a non-integrate update) after the system is up and running satisfies WU and it doesn't offer SP1 any more. So even though it's supposedly superseded, something in it is still required by WU.

yes you must be correct.

I just made my final win 7_64 home premium ISO and there were only 3 updates ready for install. the malicious software removal tool for may, kb971033 for activation cracks and an update that so far I cannot download the msu, kb3035583. I think that has to do with the Win 10 update notification. Other than that I am up-to-date. regards..

You might be interested in following this thread over at WinCert - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-8-juin-2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/:

@non-french users :
Here are x86 and x64 Update lists for WUD based on mooms Update packs and configured to be used with Win Toolkit. The purpose of these ULs is to integrate the minimum updates required, so you won't have any update asked by Windows Update after integration and installation.
These ULs have been tested in a VM with Professional edition of Windows 7 before publication. ... (I only test Professional edition, I have no time for the others).

The thread is active and the discussion is lively, with several folks doing tests and reporting results. All are welcome, the more the merrier. :)

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt - Holy crud! Been haunting the website for a long time, but when I attempt to create an account (required for those downloads) the Captcha's are god-awful (unreadable black/white overlaps, even when downloaded and enlarged) and the audios are unintelligible (fuzzy overlaps). I've repeatedly tried to do it. WTH???

Good luck, anyone else trying it.

bphlpt - could you inform someone over there to lighten up (fix it so usable - see above) so someone can actually get signed up?

Attached ZIP has an example of each.

(Note1: unusable to anyone else since they change, so...)

(Note2: doing it here since there's no way to transmit this to Wincert.)

! Wincert.zip

I am not sure if anyone can help, but I created a slipstreamed ISO with the updates to use with Deployment Workbench.

During the install it crashed out with this error:

"Windows could not parse or process unattended answer file [C:\Windows\Panther\unattend.xml] for pass [specialize]. A component or setting specified in the answer file does not exist."

Does anyone know if its possible to fix this and use a slipstreamed ISO with deployment workbench?

@bphlpt - Holy crud!

... could you inform someone over there to lighten up (fix it so usable - see above) so someone can actually get signed up?

I passed that along. We'll see what we can do. :)  But like jaclaz said, I didn't have any problem finding images I could read within one or two refreshes.

EDIT Captcha changed, can you retry?  If WinCert starts getting much additional unwanted spam it will be changed back, so get in now while you can. :)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I'm in and have the files. Thanks, bphlpt. (I hope I "spelled" your "name" right over there in the Introduction section.)

@jaclaz - You have no clue how many times I re-captcha'ed and the MP3's were apparently translated English->DrunkRomulan. :crazy:

Ennyhoo, doesn't matter. I'm the proud owner of a membership in another loony-bin geeker forum. (yay!)

You might be interested in following this thread over at WinCert - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-8-juin-2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/:

@non-french users :

Here are x86 and x64 Update lists for WUD based on mooms Update packs and configured to be used with Win Toolkit. The purpose of these ULs is to integrate the minimum updates required, so you won't have any update asked by Windows Update after integration and installation.

These ULs have been tested in a VM with Professional edition of Windows 7 before publication. ... (I only test Professional edition, I have no time for the others).

The thread is active and the discussion is lively, with several folks doing tests and reporting results. All are welcome, the more the merrier. :)

Cheers and Regards

hey thx VERY MUCH. This is a huge help!

Regards...

FWIW

after downloading the _64 ulz from the above link (wincert) Win toolkit bombed on me on 1 of the WUCLIENT cabs (there are 3 of them). I forgot which one but it never got to the other 2. So I deleted all 3 of them from my update folder and did the entire WTK integration over. I am using the 64 bit ultimate edition. It worked like a charm. After adding the NFW 4.52 updates into the silent installers there was only the malicious software tool for June to be installed after testing the ISO on my VM. Every other update was installed. Beautiful!

Regards...

These-

<!-- WUClient self-update composants --><update id="WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x64" category="1" publishdate="2014-07-09" article="">    <title>WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x64</title>    <description></description>    <filename>WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x64.cab</filename>    <url>http://ds.download.windowsupdate.com/v11/3/windowsupdate/selfupdate/WSUS3/x64/Win7SP1/WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cab</url>  </update>  <update id="WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x64" category="1" publishdate="2014-07-09" article="">    <title>WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x64</title>    <description></description>    <filename>WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x64.cab</filename>    <url>http://ds.download.windowsupdate.com/v11/3/windowsupdate/selfupdate/WSUS3/x64/Win7SP1/WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cab</url>  </update>  <update id="WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x64" category="1" publishdate="2014-07-09" article="">    <title>WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x64</title>    <description></description>    <filename>WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x64.cab</filename>    <url>http://ds.download.windowsupdate.com/v11/3/windowsupdate/selfupdate/WSUS3/x64/Win7SP1/WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320.cab</url>  </update>

Also read this-

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/9907-official-windows-update-agent-767600320/

Seems to be pulling from the v11 instead of the v9 (unsure why). Do a google on the filenames.

Also, just for fun, tru downloading the above, extract, and use the CABS in that instead of from the UL to test if that's indeed the problem. I suppose they need to be compared to see if there's a difference. :unsure:

You can get the files directly from MS.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2014/07/14/how-to-install-the-windows-update-agent-on-client-computers.aspx

Someone may have inadvertently included the Win8x instead of the Win7. :unsure:

Sorry, I have no time right now to do the above. Maybe another WinCert member can indicate the problem, both in the WTK and/or the ULZ topic?

EDIT! @steven4554 - be aware that nobody's knocking your efforts. This is just an alternative for anyone that wants it. Keep up the good work. :thumbup

Edited by submix8c

After a little investigating, here are the updates that were removed from my WUD ulz's because they've been superseded:-

KB2534366 replaced by KB2676562

KB2618451 replaced by KB2900986

KB2639308 replaced by KB2676562

KB2641690 replaced by KB2718704

KB2769369 replaced by KB2839894

KB2813170 replaced by KB2872339

KB2863058 replaced by KB2904266

Updates not superseded

KB2607047

KB2647753

KB2823180

Again, thanks for letting me know about the updates that escaped my detection of being superseded. Win7 ULZ's are now sorted out for next year! 

This is an old thread, and I hear what you're saying, but I have to ask: What Microsoft literature states KB2639308 was replaced by KB2676562?

I see no mention of supersedence on any of these pages:

After a little investigating, here are the updates that were removed from my WUD ulz's because they've been superseded:-

KB2534366 replaced by KB2676562

KB2618451 replaced by KB2900986

KB2639308 replaced by KB2676562

KB2641690 replaced by KB2718704

KB2769369 replaced by KB2839894

KB2813170 replaced by KB2872339

KB2863058 replaced by KB2904266

Updates not superseded

KB2607047

KB2647753

KB2823180

Again, thanks for letting me know about the updates that escaped my detection of being superseded. Win7 ULZ's are now sorted out for next year! 

This is an old thread, and I hear what you're saying, but I have to ask: What Microsoft literature states KB2639308 was replaced by KB2676562?

I see no mention of supersedence on any of these pages:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=kb2639308

Pick one of the updates. Go to "package details" tab and it'll tell you.

• 1 month later...