Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

Hey Steven, no need I already found the reason. Accidentally re-included the Polish-only update. >:-(

Okay, thanks for the update, and glad you've found the culprit.

About KB3033929 and KB3035131, in the security advisories MS states that KB3033929 supersedes KB3035131, so the latter update is not really needed.

Hey Steven, no need I already found the reason. Accidentally re-included the Polish-only update. >:-(

Okay, thanks for the update, and glad you've found the culprit.

About KB3033929 and KB3035131, in the security advisories MS states that KB3033929 supersedes KB3035131, so the latter update is not really needed.

Yeah I was following the conversation. Anyway I went ahead and included 3035131 in my integrate, with WTK set to include it as a prerequisite (do those first). Don't know if you use that tool for your images, but I love it.

EDIT: ok, kb3035131 seems to be no-integrate for me. I added it in my image and again got the old familiar "windows could not configure some system components" error. ****, the March updates are turning out to be a giant PITA.

And since Patch Tuesday is tomorrow, I guess I'll need to grab those updates as well. What a cluster-F.

EDIT 2: oops I guess patch tuesday is next week.

EDIT 3: sorry for all the edits BUT: it's definitely a problem integrating kb3035131. I just removed it and re-integrated and everything works again. No other changes.

EDIT 4: sorry for yet another edit, but it turns out the integrate problem was not with kb3035131, it was something unrelated in how I massage my install images before making my final iso. But I guess it's kind of a moot point now, since kb3035131 was superseded by another update in the April update batch.

Edited by Nameless Mofo

• 3 weeks later...

I hope steven hasn't forsaken us with the update lists.

Still waiting patiently for them.

In the meantime if you can't wait, you can just do what I did: take an iso built off the March ulz, install it in Virtualbox, and run WU from the VM to get the list of updates. Then download them from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com.

Although Steven may have some additional ones when he updates his list as he seems to sometimes include things that don't show up in WU for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are two UL's that will let you download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with updates/drivers up to: 25th March 2015!

Please note - you can also download the Windows 7 SP1 ULZ's from the WUD website

Language Packs for Windows 7 SP1, see here and Add-ons Like .NET 4.5.2 here Thanks goes to lwjohns for making these 2 useful lists.

Another note - My Update Lists are aimed at home users only, so some features and updates are not included in the lists!

hi:

Was just wondering if you are still updating the win 7 UL's?

regards....

I've made an editted version of the Windows 7 x64 update list available from http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/UpdateLists.aspx. I slipstreamed those updates into a Service Pack 1 installer, and then added what Windows Update deemed missing. I was not able to add all of the updates, some required downloading through Windows Update (mostly stuff for the Windows 10 upgrade). I also restructured the list to better differentiate what some of the updates were for. I made IE updates a separate category since I have to remove IE8 from my installer and add the IE 11 installer in NTLite. I added a category for the updates that involve Windows 10 upgrades, since I know some people want to keep those off their computer.

I did all of this by hand, so there may be a few copy/paste errors. I tried to double-check everything, but no promises. It's probably not perfect, and I haven't been able to download and slipstream the updates yet. I don't know that I will have time to work on this for the rest of this week, so I have decided to upload this as is. It at least has most of the new updates added in the last few months since Steven4554 last posted. I've attached it to this post, feel free to critique/comment on anything that's missing or could be improved.

This is only an x64 update list, I cannot do this for x86 as I cannot validate using the same amount of time on x86 as I did for this since we do not use x86 installs where I work.

windows-7-sp1-x64-enu-June-02-2015.ulz

Edited by Droseran

Thank you for your hard work.

I'll compare this to Steven's last update to locate the non integrates and non English updates unless there is a better way I'm unaware of.

Also like Steven have you aimed this update list at home users?

Edited by seahorse

I'm not sure if by "Home Users" you mean the Home Premium install or the typical Windows 7 user (most of which are using Professional). If the former, it's not aimed exactly at that installation - my source media for testing the install is a Professional install. The only computers (and users) I have access to are not typical, as I don't know anyone who uses anything but Professional installations. That being said, I haven't aimed the list at anyone in particular, I just tried to compile a list of updates from Windows Update and then add them to the update list so that it would be more complete. In all I added about 30 updates (April, May, and some from June 2 that appeared when I went to double-check the list yesterday). I read most of each article on the Windows Support pages, I didn't notice any updates that mentioned applying only to Professional.

I guess the tl;dr version, is no, it's not aimed at anyone. If it's aimed at being anything, it's a comprehensive list of Windows 7 x64 updates. If anyone can point out any updates that should be in a different category (i.e., only apply to Professional) or any updates I missed, list their KB######### and what I could do different with it and I'll try to change it.

Not only he doesn't do the updates anymore, I don't believe he even visits here and reads the posts anymore. Time to move on.

I'm not so sure that a guy that was diligently updating this post on a monthly basis just doesn't do it anymore "just like that". unfortunately Steve must have fell on some hard times (or maybe even worse). I hope all is well with him and he is able to return. I'm sure he would have left some type of note that he no longer wished to do this with a reason.

As far as moving on we are hard pressed to find an alternative. I have googled this issue and there's no reliable source. WUD also stopped at 3/25/15. I assume that maybe this was also Steve's program for updates?

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

I Agree with your post, Pennsylvaniaron. My thoughts are the same but you expressed it better. 

PS, I'm testing Droseran contribution and will post the results.

On a separate topic, when I integrate all the May updates, WU offers me this:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

But the file size is only approx. 9 MB. Looking in the SoftwareDistribution\Download directory after installing it, all the files have references to KB2533552, which notably was superseded in May by KB3020369.

Anybody else seeing this?