Final ESU Updates for Windows 7 SP1 (Retired!)

steven4554 thanks for the continued work on the win 7 update lists, but if it's not that much trouble, could you please provide some sort of changelog on what updates were removed from the current update list. Superseded updates just keep piling up :<

Use Disk Cleanup. This removes superseded updates.

Did you even read my post? How is a feature of an installed os relevant to the question i asked?

What i wanted to see is something along the lines of this:

Updates removed since december 2014 - march 2015 (for me at least)

IE11-Windows6.1-KB2956283-x64

IE11-Windows6.1-KB3008923-x64

IE11-Windows6.1-KB3025390-x64

Windows6.1-KB2785220-x64

Windows6.1-KB2847311-x64

Windows6.1-KB2926765-x64

Windows6.1-KB2952664-v7-x64

Windows6.1-KB3002885-x64

Windows6.1-KB3013126-x64

Windows6.1-KB3013455-x64

Windows6.1-KB3023266-x64

Windows6.1-KB3023562-x64

Windows6.1-KB3029944-x64

I had a hunch some updates were obsolete by now, therefore after some googling on how to compare folder contents, found out that these ones are no longer relevant.

Btw is there a website to check which updates were superseded, my google fu gave me irrelevant results.

And once you find out what updates are superseded you do what? remove them one by one?. This is what disk cleanup is made for. It removes (among other things you select) superseded updates from the system. Essentially eliminating the quessing game about wich updates are superseded and wich are not.

If you're talking about removing superseded update packages (.msu or .cab) from disk then that's another matter. Generally you're better offf deleting the previously downloaded files and redownloading the the nessesary updates each month.

Trust me when i say that trying to figure out wich updates are currently superseded and keeping such a list updated is something many people have tried in the past (me included) and given up. It's a lot more complicated than you think. Often requiring extraction and examination of individual files inside the packages to deterimine if they're newer.

Start here.

Then go here.

Then Mic$oft Update Catalog and then... start praying you don't lose your mind from all the conflicting reports/info from M$. As Tomorrow said it's an impossible task, at least from Vista forward IMHO. That's why there's so many lists & forums with differing versions of lists... like here, Wincert.Net, MDL, WUD... etc. The community members pitching in and helping is what keeps these lists fairly accurate IMO, I pitch in where I can and post info I think may be helpful as do many others here, join the team. :)

Edited by PinkFreud

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else experiencing install media size issues? My x64 install media with all updates + IE11 + 2 lang packs is very near the 4.7GB DVD size limit.

Move to NTFS formatted USB stick then. But yes it is a problem since on FAT32 install.wim cannot be larger than 4GB and thus one has to use other filesystems but booting install from those is not as easy as booting from FAT32 (and not as fast imo). Sorry for OT.

Move to NTFS formatted USB stick then. But yes it is a problem since on FAT32 install.wim cannot be larger than 4GB and thus one has to use other filesystems but booting install from those is not as easy as booting from FAT32 (and not as fast imo). Sorry for OT.

O/T, sorry: Could one convert install.wim to install.esd thus reducing it's size (hopefully under 4gb) , slap it on a FAT32 stick to install as UEFI? If so, any good how-to's around? Admittedly I haven't searched (nor do I need to) Google.

Edited by PinkFreud

Hi Steven, Malicicious Software Removel Tool (kb890830) points to v5.21 in both x86 and x64. It's not being retrieved because the latest version is 5.22 on Microsoft's server. Regards, Gideon.

HI,

please remove KB2998812 from Non-Security Updates.

This is for Windows 7 RTM. Please add KB2952664 V8 instead.

Thanx

Thanks for letting me know about KB2998812, I didn't know that update was for the RTM version only. Anyway, it will be removed in tomorrow's ULZ's

KB2952664-v8 will be reinstated in the lists tomorrow too!

• 2 weeks later...

Is one of the new updates non-integrate? I tried updating my install media to include the March '15 patches but now it fails to install with the old familiar "couldn't configure one or more system components".

EDIT: DAMNIT! Again I accidentally re-included kb2835174 and that was the cause. Grr! Why, MS?

Also about kb3035131 vs. kb3033929: I integrated only kb3033929 and after install, WU still offers kb3035131. Looks like I'll have to integrate that one as well (WTK has a prerequisite section just for stuff like this).

Edited by Nameless Mofo

I don't think any of the updates from last month, were non-integrate. But I'll test in a VM and see if I get the same message, cause I just updated my install media too.

Edited by steven4554