Slipstream updates problem

Hi everybody,

I want to slipstream updates to windows 7 (all edidtons)

I integrate an update (any update) via DISM (I use this command: "e:\7aiowork\dvd\sources\dism.exe /image:e:\7aiowork\mount /add-package /packagepath:e:\7aiowork\updates\x86\"). It works but when I want to test it via virual machine (I use VirtualBox) I can't install my files. It gives me an error at %63 (error code: 0x80070570)

How can I fix this?

or

Is there a different way to slipstream updates to windows 7 (DISM tool and 7customizer don't work for me)?

Thanks,

My goal is make an aio for windows 7 (includes starter, home basic, home premium, professional, enterprise, ultimate)

Before the slipstreaming the wim files are 3.27 gb

After the slipstreaming the wim files are about 4.4 gb

Do I have to make a choice beetween these editions to cover 4 gb?

Yeah you are going to have too.

Personally I would just keep 3 editions to cover most bases.

Starter

Home Premium

&

Professional or Ultimate...

(Enterprise is a big dud for us lower level consumers as you HAVE to have a MAK (??? Not sure on the wording) to activate and use it. PLUS it is the EXACT same as Ultimate. (Basically just the "Corp version")

• 1 month later...
My goal is make an aio for windows 7 (includes starter, home basic, home premium, professional, enterprise, ultimate)

Before the slipstreaming the wim files are 3.27 gb

After the slipstreaming the wim files are about 4.4 gb

Do I have to make a choice beetween these editions to cover 4 gb?

You really dont have to make a choice on this. The thing is all versions in the wim file share files. When you begin to change a certain version it no longer shares files which is why the wim file get so big. What you have to do is once your done adding in updates to each version and such you need to export the image to recreate the sharing of files again. Basically you just export 1 version and append the others to it because the files will be the same just about it goes faster in exporting and it decreases the overall file size because it shares again. Even if for some reason you go past 4gb you can always override this by doing it as udf or cutting the image up to be lower than 2gb so it still works.

I know the thread was resurrected, but the error code in question maps to "ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT". Might be worth exporting each index in the WIM to it's own .WIM file and slipstream/testing each - once you're sure they all work, export them all back into a combined WIM file. It'll reduce the size of the resulting WIM, and you'll be certain each version works properly (and have a working copy of it in a separate WIM just in case).

(Enterprise is a big dud for us lower level consumers as you HAVE to have a MAK (??? Not sure on the wording) to activate and use it. PLUS it is the EXACT same as Ultimate. (Basically just the "Corp version")

I must respectfully disagree with this statement. Having an Enterprise license for Windows allows you to use and natively boot VHDs, which are a thing of beauty. I boot my main system from VHD, and even go so far as to use a differencing VHD when I am going to "try" something on my OS. If my experiment fails, I simply boot back into the "host" OS, discard the differencing VHD, at which time I can recreate a new differencing VHD or edit my BCD and choose to boot from my original VHD. VHDs are a large carrot that Microsoft dangles in order for you to purchase Software Assurance, and therefore receive "Enterprise" licenses for Windows 7.

In the end I decided to go ahead and purchase a Microsoft TechNet subscription. It's $299 price was less that a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, and it gave me 10 licenses each for Windows 7 Enterpise, Professional, Ultimate, Home, Server 2008 R2, Server 2008 . . . you get the idea.

Here is some good information on VHDs