Add shutdown.

AJARBAS

Add a shutdown script to what?

I really do hope you don't mean to the HFSLIP script!

I cannot see any reason why even a sizable minority of end users would feel the need to automatically shutdown their PC after having created an installation source.

I know how to command, but I do not integrate them with your project. If possible. I am beginner and I think the script really complicated and I'm afraid of making mistakes. Yes I am one of the updates to customers. I learned in Forums have little or match any knowledge in programming languages. And for personal use as well.

Edited by AJARBAS

Well in that case, (as you're a tech you should know this), the logical fix for that particular scenario would be this.

HFShut.cmd

@CALL HFSLIP-1.7.9.CMD
@SHUTDOWN /S /T 30

This method would mean that you could ignore opening the script and changing it needlessly!

Well in that case, (as you're a tech you should know this), the logical fix for that particular scenario would be this.

HFShut.cmd

@CALL HFSLIP-1.7.9.CMD
@SHUTDOWN /S /T 30

This method would mean that you could ignore opening the script and changing it needlessly!

LAWL, I'm a tech too, here is a Scheduled Task to run Yzöwl's script at 11PM tonight, we techs gotta stick together. Now you don't even need to be at the computer to start the darn thing.

SCHTASKS /create /tn "HFShut" /tr c:\HFShut.cmd /sc once /sd 11/18/2009 /st 23:00

Edited by MrJinje

Plus, the process takes about 10 minutes, you REALLY can't wait ten minutes for the script to finish and then turn off your PC manually?

btw, none of your options will workm because you have to press a key after hfslip finishes. if you don't, it will NEVER get to the shutdown command, unless you modify the script to skip that "press any key..." part.

'nuff said!

Edited by jvidal

LAWL, I'm a tech too, here is a Scheduled Task to run Yzöwl's script at 11PM tonight, we techs gotta stick together. Now you don't even need to be at the computer to start the darn thing.

SCHTASKS /create /tn "HFShut" /tr c:HFShut.cmd /sc once /sd 11/18/2009 /st 23:00

If I make this script it sets the task scheduler of windows. And the patch initializes the time I determine?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks

<Edit />

Plus, the process takes about 10 minutes, you REALLY can't wait ten minutes for the script to finish and then turn off your PC manually?

btw, none of your options will workm because you have to press a key after hfslip finishes. if you don't, it will NEVER get to the shutdown command, unless you modify the script to skip that "press any key..." part.

'nuff said!

Sorry my friend. my computer takes about one hour. How do I close the prompt and continue the command off.

Edited by Yzöwl

Another option... check out step 9 of hfslip advanced. When running a post-cmd, you can run a command that is parsed just before the ISO is created. So, if your iso takes 40 seconds to create, then when doing a shutdown cmd, make sure you allow enough countdown time for the iso to create before the system shuts down. There ya go. It's already there. I guess you can config it to make your PC text message your cell so you know when the iso is ready too. The options are endless. :)