Remove files selections: clock.avi, yahoo.bmp, and swtchbrd.bmp

Alpaca Portrait

Could anyone explain why these 3 particular files are automatically listed for removal in nLite's Components section > Advanced where you can specify additional files to remove? I've always just left them there, but I'm curious as to WHY they're there.

I normally don't add any additional files for removal, but in one of my nLite test builds about a month ago I added the names of all the user account pictures except for the one I knew I wanted to use, so just a bunch of 7kb BMP files. You'd think that woud be no big deal, but after installation I had all kinds of weird visual things going on. The desktop wallpapers were acting up, and I had several red errors in Event Viewer. The only difference between this nLite build and another one that worked perfectly was the addition of the user account pictures for removal.

So it got me to wondering about the clock.avi, yahoo.bmp, and swtchbrd.bmp that are always listed there by default. Earlier today I did a new nLite build without removing these 3 files. Clock.avi is now in my Windows folder, but the other 2 files weren't found in a search, although they're listed in the TXTSETUP.SIF file.

Thoughts about any of this?

Edited by Alpaca Portrait