stefanRTR's Win Integrator

@stefanRTR,

Tested 1.0.2.7Beta and...

Integration of drivers and updates works perfectly. No errors.

Features works great! See the xapture below!

Removal is fine, just a few notes:

a) removing all WMP12 child packages will remove the player as well. Can you make the childs removal would keep WMP? Like with Client features child packages. Because now it is necessary to keep at least one child to keep the parent. See the second capture.

B) still getting the same exit code ExitCode = -2146498555 for some components like netframework, static content, wmi... Added the testing log file.

Preset is working fine now! Great job!

Alex

post-30418-1259947637_thumb.png

post-30418-1259947939_thumb.png

WinIntegrator.2009_12_04T16_31_32.rar

@stefanRTR,

Tested 1.0.2.7Beta and...

Integration of drivers and updates works perfectly. No errors.

Features works great! See the xapture below!

Removal is fine, just a few notes:

a) removing all WMP12 child packages will remove the player as well. Can you make the childs removal would keep WMP? Like with Client features child packages. Because now it is necessary to keep at least one child to keep the parent. See the second capture.

B) still getting the same exit code for some components like netframework, static content, wmi... Added the testing log file.

Preset is working fine now! Great job!

Alex

@alex

a: i check this

b: the ExitCode = -2146498555 can be ignored. It means that the package does not exist in the image. This happens then a Package also removes others.

I have following error during removing some components

15:25:49.536:Thread:3: Removing Package : Microsoft-Windows-PeerToPeer-Full-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385

15:25:50.375:Thread:3: ExitCode = -1051721693

15:26:00.680:Thread:3: Error = True

15:26:00.681:Thread:3: Unmounting C:\7600.16385.090713-1255\sources\install.wim image index 4 from C:\tmp\9790md7

15:26:53.589:Thread:3: Done

3:29:14 PM.949:Thread:1: Closing

I think better to add for removing more available components like supporting any languages (especially Chinese and Japanese)

I am getting a weird error with the Windows Experience Index. It says i Multimedia is not supported.

I removed ringtone/music files in the package.

Removed Windows Anytime Upgrade.

Removed Tablet PC components.

My guess it's the ringtone/music files. I didn't remove the entire media feature. Anyone else run into this problem.

Confirmed: Removal of Library files, music and ringtone files cause WEI to state no multimedia components installed and it cannot be run. Those packages might actually have something else releated.

Edited by Seven Alive

hi, happy days!!! reading the info on this app and when i seen '.NET Framework 4' i thought here we go got download a other big file from M$ but its only 32MB!!!

will report back once i get up and run with your app!

cheers james

Edited by jamesbebby

Thanks stefan for a great app, but I get a HUGE problem when I integrate hotfixes in the my win7 image. When I boot install, it tries to search for drivers like it doesnt find the correct drivers? It happens with every version? I have not removed any drivers or so, and integrating my own drivers does not help? Please do you know of this "bug" and is there a way to go round it? I love youre app, its great, but as it is now, not being able to integrate hotfixes really downgrades the usage of the software for me? Or am i doing something wrong? It only works if I install from windows, not from dos/boot?

Thx in advance.

I dont notice any size decrease whatsoever.

removing packages will not reduce the Image size. The files are still in WinSxS folder. After installing the Windows, the trustedinstaller will delete them when the PC is in idle. The is the behavior of the servicing of features and updates. Uninstall an update and look how long it takes to delete the files ;)

I am pretty sure my problem I mentioned in my previous post 2-3 posts up, is caused by something not building the boot.wim correctly? As that would explain why the boot installer is corrupt, and that is also propably why the boot.wim is un-deleteable from the source folder after using win integrator. Also in the temp folder, the boot.wim is still mounted most of the times? Please fix this, as this app will be perfect when you do! ;)

EDIT: YES, im right. It is the boot.wim that gets corrupted. And I have not yet found a way around it? I tried to copy a fresh boot.wim over the edited one, but that obviously didnt work?! So please Stefan, take a peek in to this problem. You would make me a even happier guy! ;)

Edited by HaZe303

I dont notice any size decrease whatsoever.

removing packages will not reduce the Image size. The files are still in WinSxS folder. After installing the Windows, the trustedinstaller will delete them when the PC is in idle. The is the behavior of the servicing of features and updates. Uninstall an update and look how long it takes to delete the files ;)

Thx ,this solved the mystery, i have been wondering for quite a long time

PS

removing packages does reduce size, but its like 100M only. i removed drivers and sidebar only.

Edited by shilyro

I think I have narrowed it down, when the boot.wim gets corrupted I try to integrate Swedish LP and all my HOTFIX updates that I have downloaded from WU and Hotfixshare. I have not tried if it gets corrupted if I only integrate hotfixes and no LP, that is my next step. Hopefully stefan will look in to this, as I am no codebreaker my self. Thx. HOpefully this helped some.

I think I have narrowed it down, when the boot.wim gets corrupted I try to integrate Swedish LP and all my HOTFIX updates that I have downloaded from WU and Hotfixshare. I have not tried if it gets corrupted if I only integrate hotfixes and no LP, that is my next step. Hopefully stefan will look in to this, as I am no codebreaker my self. Thx. HOpefully this helped some.

Hi can you post the log file?

Hello, just finished installing WIN7 AIK and .net 4 beta.. WinIntegrator installation is successful,

but it crashes as soon as i try to run it, and asks about checking online for a solution.

I made sure to reboot...

I tried running it directly (not shortcut) as administrator... no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

The control panel lists the following programs installed:

"Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Beta 1" - 4.0.20506

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 beta 1 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.20506" - 10.0.20506

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 beta 1 x84 Redistributable - 10.0.20506" - 10.0.20506

"Windows Automated Installation Kit" - 2.0.0.0

"Win Integrator" - 1.0.027

Below is the crash report...

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: WinIntegrator.exe

Application Version: 1.0.2.7

Application Timestamp: 4b0ed000

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbdf

Exception Code: e0434352

Exception Offset: 0000b727

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt