stefanRTR's Win Integrator

@stefanRTR

check this out. Some lines are doubled, and winintegrator tries to remove the same packages twice. Done with 1.0.2.5. As a rezult the enable features on and off is brken.

Aleū

<Remove_Packages>

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Backup-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-PremiumInboxGames-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-CA-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-GB-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-US-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-ZA-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-PeerToPeer-Full-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-RemoteAssistance-Package-Client" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-RasRip-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SNMP-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SimpleTCP-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Telnet-Client-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Telnet-Server-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-TFTP-Client-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-RemoteAssistance-Package-Client" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SimpleTCP-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SNMP-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI-SNMP-Provider-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-Anytime-Upgrade-Results-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-RDC-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SystemRestore-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-RecDisc-SDP-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-SearchEngine-Client-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI-SNMP-Provider-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-OC-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-USB-RPM-Package" Culture="neutral" />

<Package Name="Microsoft-Windows-VirtualPC-Licensing-Package" Culture="neutral" />

</Remove_Packages>

<Configure_Features />

</WI_Preset>

@stefanRTR

Congrats for moving program into beta!

Earlier version couldn't get past exitcode '50'. I will try the new one immediately and post my results!

Though it must be in your mind, but could you implement autosaving of the presets?

Stefan, Great tool

got a few little thingies

from time to time i get mount errors

when i close program then and start it again it runs ok

It also would be nice when adding drivers,

You could select a folder

or

when you wanna check them boxxes

you could choose more then one at a time (keeping shift pressed)

To add all drivers from a folder you can type inf in the searchbox of the openfiledialog.

@stefanRTR

check this out. Some lines are doubled, and winintegrator tries to remove the same packages twice. Done with 1.0.2.5. As a rezult the enable features on and off is brken.

Aleū

Fixed in Version 1.0.2.6. Can you try enable features on and off again?

Though it must be in your mind, but could you implement autosaving of the presets?

Maybe in Version 1.0.3X

@all

New Version 1.0.2.6 first post updated.

i get this error when trying to remove dvd maker

Win Integrator Version=1.0.2.6

failed to load registry key

--- EXCEPTION #1/1 [Win32Exception]

Message = “failed to load registry key”

ExceptionPath = Root

NativeErrorCode = -2145452027

ClassName = System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

HResult = -2147467259

Source = stefanRTR.Base

StackTraceString = “

at SZ7a5ctv4NXeS77YHn.Xou3JvUnUgfQbNt8Lf.GqpcQgjrp(String )

at stefanRTR.WimImage.SevenImage.78tgITEZRg1FR1ZlxM.Jnqc0l5ML()

at stefanRTR.ErrorHandling.Catch(String comment, Action action)

@stefanRTR

Win Integrator Version=1.0.2.6

4:10:54 AM.602:Thread:4: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-IIS-WebServer-AddOn-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

4:11:02 AM.413:Thread:4: ExitCode = -2146498555

4:11:59 AM.213:Thread:4: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

4:12:07 AM.128:Thread:4: ExitCode = -2146498555

4:14:30 AM.006:Thread:4: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-WMI-SNMP-Provider-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

4:14:38 AM.837:Thread:4: ExitCode = -2146498555

4:15:41 AM.011:Thread:4: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-MSMQ-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

4:15:48 AM.780:Thread:4: ExitCode = -2146498555

3:30:36 AM.702:Thread:3: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-RemoteAssistance-Package-Client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

3:30:44 AM.792:Thread:3: ExitCode = -2146498555

3:30:44 AM.802:Thread:3: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-SimpleTCP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

3:30:53 AM.041:Thread:3: ExitCode = -2146498555

3:30:53 AM.051:Thread:3: Removeing Package : Microsoft-Windows-SNMP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7600.16385

The same exit code is for net fx3 and media center, all drivers except printer drivers.

Alex

Edited by Alex

@stefanRTR,

Full removal log and partial. Removing all drivers gives blue screen on the first boot after the begining of the installation. Partial removal of drivers works only for printer drivers.

Alex

Logs.rar

Edited by Alex

Your program is a great idea. However, when I used it to try and integrate updates/localpacks and enable built-in games, errors have closed the program. Kind of frustrating, as the process took about 1.5 hours before the program closed down.

I am integrating into a vanilla Windows 7 image copied directly from DVD, and have selected Windows 7 Professional as the image to update. I have installed WAIK for Windows 7, and (obviously) the latest .net4 Beta. My host machine runs Vista SP1.

I hope the attached log file helps.

WinIntegrator.2009_11_28T09_12_42.txt

Edited by radigast

@radigast

the log says, that you don't have the permissions to file E:\Temp\Windows7\Modified\sources\install_Windows 7 STARTER.clg and E:\Temp\Windows7\Modified\sources\ei.cfg. The access is denied.

And why do you integrate those leaked test updates (KB1xxxxx, 6xxxxx)? Look for the KB articles and if they fix an issue you have, request them.

the log says, that you don't have the permissions to file E:\Temp\Windows7\Modified\sources\install_Windows 7 STARTER.clg and E:\Temp\Windows7\Modified\sources\ei.cfg. The access is denied.
I figured out why there was a problem. When I copied the folders from the DVD, they all were copied over with Read-Only permission. Prior to running Win Integrator, I had unchecked the Read-Only box for the install folder and applied this to all of its contents. However, apparently this was not enough, as a few stubborn files still retained their Read-Only status. I had to manually go into each file, and check to see if it was Read-Only. The *.elg files were a few of the culprits.
And why do you integrate those leaked test updates (KB1xxxxx, 6xxxxx)? Look for the KB articles and if they fix an issue you have, request them.
I am simply integrating an update pack I found over at WinCert (by George King). I'll check the technet articles and see what each hotfix does...but, as I haven't installed Windows 7 on my mainbox, I guess I can't really be sure of the issues it will have yet.

Thanks for the response

Edit: I wasn't even aware that KB1xxxxx and KB6xxxxx were test updates. I'll remove them from my slipstream. Again, thanks for the info!

Edited by radigast