How to skip this..

Orgyx

In nLite (unattended mode), I choose "Hide pages" but I cannot skip this screen during installing.

Is possible to skip this screen and just select and format Partition1 (C:) without confirmation?

And how to skip Computer Name and Administrator Password screen?

Thanks..

post-266297-1258383664_thumb.jpg

post-266297-1258383742_thumb.jpg

post-266297-1258383917_thumb.jpg

My advice: Don't skip the first two screens.

In the unattended section, when selecting and creating users, click the Administrator (on the left) and add a password (on the right). This way you won't get the Administrator screen; add computer name on the next tab in nLite, where you also add the registered user name and Workstation/Domain (make sure computer name is not the same as your username).

Enjoy

Orgyx and Sp0iLedBrAt, as far as I know, it is not possible to skip the first two screens. I choose 'Fully Automated' in the Unattended section and Setup stops only for those two screens. I also do what Sp0iLedBrAt recommends plus creating a user account.

Orgyx, for future questions, please attach (not paste) your Last Session (found in your source folder after nLite runs). It makes helping much easier. Here's an idea for information on the Unattended section of nLite - or any section. Open nLite and go to the Unattended section. Select each tab and then each Help item under the tab - click the ? in a circle. Enjoy, John.

kicking it off from a batch with diskpart up front. Bartpe and Nu2menu will make it pretty, there are simpler ways though.

diskpart.exe /s client.txt

@echo off

set SETUP=where\ever\you\put\I386

format c: /fs:ntfs /v:OS /q /y

start /wait %SETUP%\winnt32.exe /s:%SETUP% /unattend:%SETUP%\winnt.sif /syspart:c: /tempdrive:c: /makelocalsource /noreboot

client.txt

select disk 0

clean

create partition primary noerr

assign letter=c noerr

exit

Edited by iamtheky

Orgyx, thanks for the Last Session. I think you need to use the 'Fully automated' for the Unattended Mode. Please click on the help (? in a circle) next to Unattended Mode. It looks like you let it default to the first one, 'Provide defaults', this will prompt you so you can change them - again, see the help. Please let us know how you make out. Enjoy, John.

Orgyx, to see if you have correctly created the users and passwords, open LastSession_u.ini and scroll to the bottom of the page. It should contain a list of all your users and assigned passwords for them. If possible, attach it here, but first remove your product key and the actual passwords.

Cheers

Thanks for all assistances..

I've solved Computer Name and Administrator Password screen.

The setup will skips this screen if Blank password is checked or type a Password for Administrator.

Btw..what is Skip OOBE in General Tab?

About iamtheky's code..how to add command line for this batch file?

Thanks

Btw..what is Skip OOBE in General Tab?

OOBE stands for Out of the Box Experience, it is the succession of screens where XP setup asks you for a user name (up to five I believe) and suggest you to setup your Internet connection and register your Windows at Microsoft (with

in the background). It can be skipped with various side effects (aside the administrator, XP Home needs at least one other to start). OOBE can also be removed if you have an XP version that does not need activation, but that is in components removal screens.

One more thing at this point: I would like to ask you to be specific in the title your topic posts; please refer to Forum Rules at the top of the page (#12 in this case). Doing this will attract answers from members that have experience in the specific query.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I have found a solution to Orgyx's problem with the first 2 screens.

You can skip these 2 prompts by setting the following 2 settings in the winnt.sif file.

[Data]

AutoPartition = 1

[unattended]

Repartition = Yes

This will then skip the first 2 screen making the installation fully automated. I know this probabily will not help Orgyx but hopfully it will help others.

Sorry for re-activating an old post

Cheers

Ray

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I have found a solution to Orgyx's problem with the first 2 screens.

You can skip these 2 prompts by setting the following 2 settings in the winnt.sif file.

[Data]

AutoPartition = 1

[unattended]

Repartition = Yes

This will then skip the first 2 screen making the installation fully automated. I know this probabily will not help Orgyx but hopfully it will help others.

Sorry for re-activating an old post

Cheers

Ray

I´m sorry to for answer in this old post :rolleyes:

Butt a warning of using this line:

[unattended]

Repartition = Yes

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

- If you want Windows Setup to delete all partitions on the hard disk and to create a new partition, you must include the Repartition command in the Winnt.sif file.

Under [unattended] , insert a new line, and then type the following: Repartition=Yes

Ref: How to perform an unattended installation of Windows.

//ZnaKeBite