Pleae help installed a beta nvidia driver now got big hedache :(

hydroplant

Hi all i installed this beta driver as nvidia tech told me it fix my problem well it did not made it worse i want to go back to old driver cause at least i had the error but it only showed up in event view. but every time i remove the beta nvidia driver it's nvidia control panel gets stuck in my windows 7 control panel and i have know whey of removing it can someone help me get these off my PC please.

Just search for all .CPL files. Remove the nVidia one.

If you're still unhappy with that, then in the registry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Search for the nVidia stuff

Delete the entire key and branch for the nVidia drivers.

Edited by Netman66

tried this no go still stays there so i got desperate and had a support session with Microsoft and a kind person connected to my pc and tried to remove them so it did not stick in the control panel with no go. he then tried to install the old drivers which should have overridden the stuck control panel with no go. he reinstalled the beta drivers and it overridden it. so he dug deeper and to find out what nvidia did was remove the control panel app as part of the driver oh wow good news no not so good news on my end. As in doing this they made a default directory for the nvidia control panel it no longer puts itself in windows system 32 instead it installs itself to a separate directory within the all programs nvidia directory. It's now called nvidia Control Panel Client so the mystery is solved don't install these drivers at all unless you don't plan on going back to the old ones. now i hope a new driver will come out from nvidia that will install and override this stuck panel i get when i uninstall these hoping that they don't change it yet again.