Good guide Windows 7 and WDS /Waik

Is there a good guide where to start with deploying Windows 7 thru WDS and WAIK / Imagex and Winpe?

I have read some of the documents included in the newest WAIK but thats a little different from the former deploy method. They are talking with configuration sets e.d..

I am looking for a step by step wlkthrough to deploy Windows 7 clients.

There's the Windows 7 Administrator's Pocket Consultant and the Windows 7 Resource Kit books that I've found to both have a good unattend/deploy section, with the ResKit going FAR deeper into deployment than the Pocket Consultant (but it may be overkill for you - the Pocket Consultant might be all you need for a basic deployment). If you can, I'd recommend having both because you never know what you're going to want to look up next, and they're both fairly in-depth for the audience they target. If you want to use MDT along with WDS I've also documented it on my blog a bit.

There's the Windows 7 Administrator's Pocket Consultant and the Windows 7 Resource Kit books that I've found to both have a good unattend/deploy section, with the ResKit going FAR deeper into deployment than the Pocket Consultant (but it may be overkill for you - the Pocket Consultant might be all you need for a basic deployment). If you can, I'd recommend having both because you never know what you're going to want to look up next, and they're both fairly in-depth for the audience they target. If you want to use MDT along with WDS I've also documented it on my blog a bit.

Thx. But on your blog i cannot find a guide for deploying with MDT2010 in combination with WDS. That is a discission which i cannot make at the moment. I am now using WDS with windowsxp and sysprep etc. When we go to Windows 7 i am wundering to step over to MDT2010 in combination with WDS but i still cannot find the advantage of using MDT with or without WDS.

You either install the WDS PXE filter (in the MDT start menu folder) or, if MDT is not on the same machine as WDS, simply add the boot.wim file that MDT creates as a boot image on the WDS server.

Thx. I only have the possibility to remove the PXE filter on the server on MDT. How can i use this filter?

And when not using the filter according to your second idea, next to adding the litetouch.wim as a boot image in WDS, must the litetouch.xml also created in MDT be connected to the boot image that i just imported?

But i really like to use MDT and then PXE boot to the MDT with the unattended install.