Ask your Seven xml ? here

myselfidem, is that really silent install for google chrome becuz I need that too (is a lightweight browser client for poor internet connection which currently I use)?

edit: apparently it's only example right? oh well... duuch I do need that too...

myselfidem, is that really silent install for google chrome becuz I need that too (is a lightweight browser client for poor internet connection which currently I use)?

edit: apparently it's only example right? oh well... duuch I do need that too...

Here is your silent installer of Google Chrome v. 15.0.874.121 Final

http://www.mediafire.com/?djtv1q08v0zfni3

You can also try this switch "-system-level"

Edited by nice_guy75

Inside the first image showing the previous silent installation using SetupComplete.cmd to install silently: ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe /silent /install

After the installation is done I launch Google Chrome manually using: Start Menu | Programs | Google Chrome to set the settings for the first run and add the shorcut to Desktop !

Image Start Google Chrome

sorry, seem it blocked by the Avast which I use auto sandbox (that's why I didn't see the process, it goes in sandbox).

yes, this switch "/silent /install" is silent switch for google chrome offline installer, thx myselfidem!. (I'm searching the silent switch yesterday in this forum, but maybe due to the slow internet connection the page keep loading without ending).

I also wish to know can I use OEM folder to apply some registries which require admin's privileges?

You can add some registry settings inside the same folder location: Scripts. Example:

SetupComplete.cmd

@echo off
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
SET KEY=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
echo.
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemRoot%\Setup\Scripts\Tweaks.reg" /f
echo.
cmd /c "%~dp0ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe" /silent /install
exit

Image SetupComplete.cmd and Registry Tweaks

Or we can use FirstLogonCommand inside Autounattend.xml for registry keys using a batch file!

Now I understood how you successfully installed chrome without any problem and I am facing all the problems, the one you have used is for all the uses and actually installs in "Program Files" and the one I was using is for single user and actually installs in user folder, and Administrator folder is read only so not allowing the installer to put the files in user folder.

Now I can capture the install.wim using this installer.

Now the only problem left is applying the regsitries which require admin's privileges as the method you have suggested is not working, I have actually converted all my registries in a single exe using autoit and gave simple "start /wait" command but all the registries are not applied, as some of them require admin's privileges.

Edited by nice_guy75

Now the only problem left is applying the regsitries which require admin's privileges...

About changing some registry keys with Admin privileges:

http://www.howtogeek...y-key?replies=8

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139077-7customizer-a-windows-7-customization-and-deployment-tool/page__view__findpost__p__971385

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/151626-applying-a-reg-tweaks/

Edited by myselfidem

My image mostly works, but I have few minor things to solve. For example IE homepage is not being set at all, despite having the correct line in answer file. It is still blank (that's what I set it to during customization of the default image, just for aesthetic purpose).

And now that I tried one more installation, I noticed the stupid IE setup wizard showed up! I clicked it through before generalizing and capturing the image! What's going on?

Could someone check my file for some obvious mistakes please? I am out of ideas.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aum2mbgm8trl8o7

Inside your Autounattend.xml file, add inside : <settings pass="specialize">

<DisableWelcomePage>true</DisableWelcomePage>

To skip the First Run Wizard and the welcome page when Internet Explorer is opened for the first time,

use the settings: DisableFirstRunWizard and DisableWelcomePage

Valid pass for:

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-ClientNetworkProtocolImplementation" processorArchitecture="amd64" ......">

<CacheLimit>51200</CacheLimit>

</component>

Edited by myselfidem

Not sure what do you mean by the other thing though.

About the value: <CacheLimit>51200</CacheLimit>, we can read inside unattend.chm for Windows 7 that the valid pass is <settings pass="oobeSystem">.

But you set this value on <settings pass="specialize"> inside your Autounattend.xml.

Edited by myselfidem

Please help me guys, I have tried to change the default theme by autounattend.xml, I have tried

Solved here

None of them is working, I went to chm and found something very interesting:

2irrf4n.jpg

<Themes>
<ThemeName>Fabrikam Theme</ThemeName>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
<DesktopBackground>%WINDIR%\web\wallpaper\fabrikam.jpg</DesktopBackground>
<BrandIcon>%programfiles%\Fabrikam\fabrikam-logo.png</BrandIcon>
<ScreenSaver>Bubbles.scr</ScreenSaver>
<WindowColor>Violet</WindowColor>
</Themes>

This example will create a theme file combining desktop background, window color, brand icon and screen saver, and will place the .theme file in the Themes folder of resources. Means you can't apply msstyle with the help of xml anymore, the setting has already been deprecated.

Edited by nice_guy75

@nice_guy75

The setting Customdefaultthemefile is deprecated but theme file does work just as I said it would

Yes, it has now been stated many times. You can no longer set a default theme using autounattend.xml.

WRONG

Done a full install just now and applied a Theme just as I stated in my link above using this

<Themes>
<ThemeName>C:\Windows\resources\Themes\nature.theme</ThemeName>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
<DesktopBackground>%WINDIR%\web\wallpaper\Nature\img2.jpg</DesktopBackground>
</Themes>

This is image of part of Nature\img2.jpg I set above

post-9484-0-79682200-1324696777_thumb.pn