Ask your Seven xml ? here

• 3 weeks later...

I need answer file (for win 7) to hide OOBE pages

user : sal

password: No password

update:automatically

wireless network: skip

<settings pass="oobeSystem">            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">                <OOBE>                    <ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>                    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>                </OOBE>                <UserAccounts>                     <LocalAccounts>                        <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">                            <Name>sal</Name>                            <Group>Administrators</Group>                            <Password>                                <Value></Value>                                <PlainText>false</PlainText>                            </Password>                            <DisplayName>sal</DisplayName>                        </LocalAccount>                    </LocalAccounts>                </UserAccounts>	</component>  </settings>

I need answer file (for win 7) to hide OOBE pages

user : sal

password: No password

update:automatically

wireless network: skip

<settings pass="oobeSystem">            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">                <OOBE>                    <ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>                    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>                </OOBE>                <UserAccounts>                     <LocalAccounts>                        <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">                            <Name>sal</Name>                            <Group>Administrators</Group>                            <Password>                                <Value></Value>                                <PlainText>false</PlainText>                            </Password>                            <DisplayName>sal</DisplayName>                        </LocalAccount>                    </LocalAccounts>                </UserAccounts>	</component>  </settings>

Thanks my sir for providing me answer file for win 7 pro 32 bit.

I want to know if password is enabled or disabled(because you but false in password option)

I hope be password is enabled(password= without any password) and I can change it in any time.

gustavo21 posted a question about <FirstLogonCommands> back in September

<FirstLogonCommands>                 <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                   <Order>1</Order>                   <Description>INSTALANDO PROGRAMAS ADICIONALES</Description>                   <CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait C:\INSTALAR\WPI.EXE</CommandLine>                 </SynchronousCommand> 		<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add"> 

An .exe can be run directly, no need for cmd /C start /wait. Everthing runs after the previous program has run that's why it's called Synchronous.

<FirstLogonCommands>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>1</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\WPI\WPI.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Program Installation</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>2</Order>                    <CommandLine>fsutil behavior set EncryptPagingFile 1</CommandLine>                    <Description>Encrypt the Pagefile</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>3</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Windows7_Setup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>System Registry Setup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>4</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Cleanup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Cleanup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>            </FirstLogonCommands>

Just thought I would point that out...

Just thought I would point that out...

whatever floats your boat IF IT WORKS. we done been through this a few times in these forums since XP unattended

Some programs will somehow drop out and next program starts on top of it, not desireable

Even adding the use of Startx.exe to some like Belarc Advisor cured some but not all

I don't run 20 programs with an xml anyway but rather call a .cmd to start and do things but of my 500 programs my M8 and I have created runoncex keys for we usually start them all with CMD /C Start /Wait or StartX /Wait

MaxXPsoft I pointed out the most effective means of deploying WPI or any .exe for that matter, if for some reason YOUR software fails to deploy it's certainty not a reason to simply add a extra cmd because your uncertain if it YOUR software will execute. The people that read these forums assume that's it's correct, and it's not, and I pointed it out. In this case WPI WILL deploy as stated as will ANY .exe, if the forum user is smart enough to use and execute WPI than all the individual switches would already be written and it's simply a matter of executing WPI.

If your having problems deploying something it SHOULD NOT be in your .xml under synchronous in the first place. MaxXPsoft "of my 500 programs" deployed? My gosh when do you find time advise others? What do you use as a deployment platform? What could you not execute? Just what software could you NOT deploy without CMD /C Start /Wait under FirstLogonCommands / Autounattend.xml?

I know for a fact it DOES NOT WORK if you use .cmd files. Without start /wait only the first one gets processed for some weird reason.

I agree but for some that don't know

And the author of WPI(Windows Post Installer) even said use Start /Wait

Perhaps because it opens other processes and sometimes Windows drops out of the SynchronousCommand for unknown reasons

We all know MS stuff don't work the way intended from years of messing with different versions.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Octopuss, if you read my post I wrote "In this case WPI WILL deploy as stated as will ANY .exe" I was try to show that an .exe will excute synchronously. You have a need (any.cmd) a limted enviroment (autounattend.xml) you know FirstLogonCommands will run .exe's synchronously, and .cmd's fail for unknown reasons, pretty good start.

My first thought is to build an .exe and a WinRAR .sfx comes to mind, it takes what a minute or two to create, it's fast, simple and runs flawlessly. I couldn't merge HKEY_CURRENT_USER setup .reg using WPI only HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE setup .reg because the account had not been created yet. I run it as a .sfx .exe under FirstLogonCommands (see my post above) and it merges successfully. Try it, works every time.

Edited by jimathome