Ask your Seven xml ? here

Yea, it's weird.

I am playing around with integrating IE10 right now. The actual integration goes without problems, but something is not compatible here.

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-ClientNetworkProtocolImplementation" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<CacheLimit>51200</CacheLimit>
</component>

Based on documentation, this value is in kilobytes. Well, something is different in IE10, and upon installation and first opening of options it yells out about the value being above the limit (or something), and automatically changes it to 1024. Apparently the stupid program works on megabytes basis now, which really is pain in the butthole. You'd think such very basic settings should be the same across various versions (it's still IE, damnit), but Microsoft knows better again...

Edited by TheWalrus

Oh. You're right. Why does it work then? (for default image at least)

And ironically, the WSIM never gave me an error when validating it like this :D

Edited by TheWalrus

And ironically, the WSIM never gave me an error when validating it like this :D

WSIM only validates against whatever rules are kept in the catalog file. It has no idea about how Windows actually behaves when it processes the file. Case in point, if you were to put an invalid character in ComputerName, WSIM won't catch this. But Windows will throw an error when it tries to set it during an install. ;)

Finally figured out how to install my printer a Kodak ESP C315 AiO although not completely silent

It has an AIO installer. I start it and let it download to %Temp% and capture that folder. AppData\Local\Temp\KodakKbiDownload

I copy it to %Temp% with my runoncex cmds

I then can call the cmd /k aio_install.exe and it uses the folder in %Temp% so it don't download again unless it was updated.

The /k stops the cmd window so the aio_install will finish since it starts several other programs and drops out itself during the process

I then close the cmd /k window when it is done and rest of APPS continues.

Some will say just execute all the msi installers for different portions silently.

Well I tried that but you end up with 5-6 different programs under add/remove instead of just 1 = KODAK AiO Software

Also a new trick to get the reg key deleted that would not normally

REM 32 bit reg key on 64 bit PC

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v \"EKStatusMonitor\" /f" /f""

[Kodak_ESP_C315]
REM http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/list/c/890/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3MjQzNjk5OC9zaWQvY215MlhUdGw%3D%2Fselected%2Ftrue/selected/true
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Kodak ESP C315 AiO Version 7.7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C MKDIR \"%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\KodakKbiDownload\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C XCOPY "%SystemDrive%\APPS\Kodak_ESP_C315\KodakKbiDownload" \"%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\KodakKbiDownload\" /E /H /Y" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait Timeout 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /k Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Kodak_ESP_C315\aio_install.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\APPS\Kodak_ESP_C315\Kodak.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG ADD \"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Kodak AiO Network Discovery Service\" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG ADD \"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Kodak AiO Status Monitor Service\" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f" /f
FLAG2=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Eastman_Kodak_Company\AiOHomeCenter.exe_StrongName_h2jkkt3om0ki15qrplv254tjzyxeklfc\7.7.6.0\user.config
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Get CleanPrint.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\PrintProjects.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\KODAK AiO Home Center.lnk\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C \"%ProgramFiles%\PrintProjects\uninst.exe\" /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v \"Conime\" /f" /f""
REM 32 bit reg key on 64 bit PC
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v \"EKStatusMonitor\" /f" /f""

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

sorry for my English

What is the difference between these actions in autounattend

Disk wcm:action="add" or "Modify" ou "Remove"

ModifyPartition wcm:action="add" or "Modify" ou "Remove"

I have disk 0 with 3 partitions 1=100mo 1= 100000 and the last for data

I won't touch my third partition, just delete the 100 MB partition and one 100 GB and recreate them in my autounattend.

can someone there help me?

thanks

I am going nuts with an XML issue and I am doing further testing but heres where I am so far:

if I use my original WIN7x74 Enterprise WIM and create a new xml with WAIK it shows me that IE8 has options for pass4 so I add them and the properties show ENABLED TRUE

If I use my integrated WIM created with WinToolKit and create a new xml it shows me IE10 options so I add them BUT the properties always show ENABLED FALSE

post-19219-0-52974800-1373629669_thumb.j

I have tried this over and over but can't get the option to ever say TRUE... any ideas? I will be running fresh tests today to see what actually runs from the xml and what doesn't

Edited by compstuff

I have tried this over and over but can't get the option to ever say TRUE... any ideas? I will be running fresh tests today to see what actually runs from the xml and what doesn't

Attach your xml without serial, private data, only way we can see what is going wrong

Edited by maxXPsoft

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Autounattend-HELP.xml

Attach your xml without serial, private data, only way we can see what is going wrong

Thanks for the response... but I am even more confused now because I have done at least 7 vbox installs with IE10 and my XML does have DisableWelcomePage true and I get no errors. For clarification I am using the latest deployment toolkit.

Especially IE10. For example if you have IE10 in your image and use an answerfile that has DisableWelcomePage, you will get an error during install.

WOW I don't understand how it shows enabled for you... man that confuses me! I.m not sure I understand what you mean by IE8 and IE10 stuff together. I have created new clean xml files quite a few times by taking my IE10 integrated image, building a new catalogue file and then just adding components to it. When I add the IE10 items I do see both 8 & 10 but I only select 10 to add to pass 4. When I add it the enable is true, I validate it's fine, I save it's fine but when I close and reopen it's always enabled false.... I am totally confused by this.

My options IE options under components:

post-19219-0-07826100-1374115445_thumb.j

Very Basic xml with only IE10 added and only 1 option changed... it says false:

post-19219-0-29051400-1374115462_thumb.j

It shows enabled for me. What did you change from xml you posted? Do not mix IE8 stuff with IE10. Remove all IE stuff and re add so it is correct because things change with every version

Thanks for the response... but I am even more confused now because I have done at least 7 vbox installs with IE10 and my XML does have DisableWelcomePage true and I get no errors. For clarification I am using the latest deployment toolkit.

Especially IE10. For example if you have IE10 in your image and use an answerfile that has DisableWelcomePage, you will get an error during install.

Ok well I will say then that it can and does happen. Apparently not 100% of the time. The reason being is that IE10 doesn't have a Welcome Page. So just so you know that you could run into this problem at some point. BUT I also learned something new! It is only deprecated on Windows 8, but doesn't throw an error on Windows 7.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff716441.aspx

&amp;nbsp;

WOW I don't understand how it shows enabled for you

delete this line

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source=

Then go to e:/_slipstream/_7builds/technet/w7t_7sp1x64ent_technet-step-2-sfx/sources

and delete the .clg file and reload this in wsim. rebuild catalog file

Edited by maxXPsoft