.anofp extension

Sp0iLedBrAt

*.anofp files are not backups (they're kept in "%programfiles%\Anolis\Backup...") by default, but are the modified files that have yet to replace the originals. This is done when you restart your computer immediately after installation. Afterwards all of the *.anofp files will be gone from your system.

Can you define "manually quarantining" the file? Did your AV software suggest something xpize does is a virus?

No, this is the case: in a matter of one hour I installed and uninstalled xpize, so I really didn't have the time to take a deeper look at the modification of files. When I noticed this file, I normally did a search for this extension and one of the hits on Google showed Rootkit, so I panicked and quarantined it. So, this is a case of a file that was not removed in the course of uninstall. I suppose it's okay to just delete it.

I may add that you've put quite an effort into assembling this piece of software; I was expecting a better look for sure (and I got it), but noticed changes more comprehensive than I imagined. One thing I didn't like a lot was the replacement of oemlogo.bmp and oeminfo.ini.

Still, I give you a big thumbs-up.

Thank you for your answer and keep on the good work.