Slipstream Adaptec SCSI drivers into WinXP Disc

Comage

Hi all, I've been trying to do the above, but it seems that during Windows XP setup, the initialization sequence just keeps telling me "No disk found".

What gives? I already used nLite and I downloaded the drivers off Adaptec's website, and I inserted into nLite as text-mode only drivers. It just does not work.

Has anyone out there successfully slipstreamed SCSI drivers into the WinXP installation disc using nLite?

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

Comage, plenty of people, including me, have included SATA/RAID drivers (Setup calls them SCSI or Mass Storage), but I do not know if anyone has included real live SCSI drivers. I see no reason why it will not work, though. If you are using nLite, then unless you have disabled OEM Preinstall in the Unattended section, you cannot use F6 to include any drivers. Obviously, Setup finding no drives sounds like a driver problem. I had a problem recently with 3Ware RAID drivers with the same message. It turned out to be an over anxious txtsetup.oem file allowing USB drives to be used to include the drivers. Please give us more detail, and, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Also attach you txtsetup.oem file for the SCSI driver. Enjoy, John.

Hello john. My installation disc originally came with SP2. I slipstreamed SP3 into the disc and am now using nLite with this SP3 disc.

Does that mean I have to use the SP2 disc to slipstream my SCSI drivers?

Does that mean I have to use the SP2 disc to slipstream my SCSI drivers?
No, you can slipstream the needed textmode driver into any XP version. What John meant was, that you should not integrate more than 1 SP (regardless the SP version).

Additional questions:

1. Has your hdd been detected by the BIOS?

2. Are you running your hdd(s) in RAID or AHCI Mode?

3. Is your hdd/RAID listed as bootable device within the mainboard BIOS (first bootable device: CD/DVD-ROM, second bootable device: your hdd/RAID)?

4. Which special Adaptec adapter (exact name) are you using?

5. Which Adaptec driver (name and version) did you slipstream into the XP CD?

3. Is your hdd/RAID listed as bootable device within the mainboard BIOS (first bootable device: CD/DVD-ROM, second bootable device: your hdd/RAID)?

All of those have nothing to do with not being able to see/boot from an Adaptec SCSI controller.

Make sure the Adaptec SCSI controller is set as the primary boot device in your PC BIOS, and make sure that you've configured your Adaptec card + SCSI drives as well (press CTRL+A to get in the Adaptec BIOS).

It turned out to be an over anxious txtsetup.oem file allowing USB drives to be used to include the drivers.

Sorry for the OT :blushing: , but I would be interested in understanding more of the above.

In my experience txtsetup.oem's have always been kinda relaxed type of files ;), but didn't allow USB drives, I would be interested in makng a pretty much calm txtsetup.oem that allowed drivers on USB drives. :unsure:

jaclaz

It turned out to be an over anxious txtsetup.oem file allowing USB drives to be used to include the drivers.
Sorry for the OT :blushing: , but I would be interested in understanding more of the above.

In my experience txtsetup.oem's have always been kinda relaxed type of files ;), but didn't allow USB drives, I would be interested in makng a pretty much calm txtsetup.oem that allowed drivers on USB drives. :unsure:

Here is the link to the related thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/cannot-find-hard...er-t139159.html

All of those have nothing to do with not being able to see/boot from an Adaptec SCSI controller.

Make sure the Adaptec SCSI controller is set as the primary boot device in your PC BIOS, and make sure that you've configured your Adaptec card + SCSI drives as well (press CTRL+A to get in the Adaptec BIOS).

Hi beats, my drive has already been detected by BIOS. It is already set up as primary boot device (I used to install WinXP on the same rig with the same BIOS settings, until my floppy disk drive broke, which was why I resorted to using nlite).

I slipstreamed the drivers using txtmode and PnP, but both did not work at all.

I slipstreamed the drivers using txtmode and PnP, but both did not work at all.
You have to integrate the driver as TEXTMODE, otherwise Setup will not detect the hdd.

I repeat my question:

Which Adaptec adapter are you using and which driver did you integrate?

Drivers must be certified. Do you use HostRAID? If not, the drivers you use now will not work.

The latest version for use without HostRAID is v7.0.0.6:

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/scsi/wi...32_cert_exe.htm

( I know this driver works, because I use it myself... I have the same adapter).

OK beats. Thanks for the heads up. Using v7.0.0.6 and with HostRAID disabled on my controller, I can now get the WinXP setup to detect the hard drives.

Now if only someone could point me in the right way to get the drivers with HostRAID enabled... that would be of great help!