How to remove Adobe GetPlus+(R)

Roberx

How do you remove the Adobe GetPlus+® plugin in Firefox? It's not under the Add/Remove Programs listing.

I tried to apply a Shockwave update and it got installed on my system. Now I get an annoying little prompt that I need a higher version of Windows for it to work everytime I start Firefox (v. 3.5.5).

How do you remove the Adobe GetPlus+® plugin in Firefox? It's not under the Add/Remove Programs listing.

It should be listed under Tools, Add-ons, as Adobe DLM(powered by getPlus®). Click on the item to open up the options and click on Uninstall. You will then be prompted to restart Firefox.

I have seen it suggested that the file np_gp.dll be deleted from the Firefox plugins folder also to remove all traces but the uninstall option should be sufficient.

HTH

Edited by lightning slinger

Thanks lightning slinger,

Removing the np_gp.dll file and rebooting did the trick!

Under Tools/Addons/Plugins, there was no option to uninstall getPlus+®. I could only disable and that didn't get rid of the annoying prompt everytime Firefox was started.

Under Tools/Addons/Plugins, there was no option to uninstall getPlus+®. I could only disable and that didn't get rid of the annoying prompt everytime Firefox was started.

@Roberx

Have you read this post concerning Adobe DLM with getPlus+? It seems to indicate it can be uninstalled.

I think it is under Tools, Add-ons, Extentions not Plugins!

http://www.msfn.org/board/kernelex-4-0-fin...8-page-362.html

More reading at

http://www.nosltd.com/index.php/support/support-faq

Edited by lightning slinger