Windows 7 big problem

komandos59

Hi all.

I am user of windows 7 64bit. Everything was working perfect till the end of last week.

Almost every time i run PC, everything freezes. Nothing move, no mouse no voice nothing, only no moving image.

I must reboot system 4-5 times before i am able to use it for more then 1hour.

I don't know what happened. I am sure that my pc isn't so slow that it can't use windows 7 because:

Intel Core quad 2,33 gHz

Ram: 4GB ddr3

Graphic Card: Geforce 250 GTS

Hard disc: 500GB

If you've gotten to the point where everything freezes, does CTRL+ALT+DEL work at all? If you've got a PS/2 (not USB) keyboard attached, does the scroll or numlock light illuminate/turn off when pressing these buttons?

I ask because given your statements, it sounds like perhaps there's a hardware issue, but a little more information would confirm. You can also try configuring the machine to do a manual crash dump, but I'm not sure if that's necessary yet.

Is the computer getting proper ventilation? If the components are starting to overheat they will slowly begin to fail. That could cause it to glitch and and perform slowly. Try using the computer with the side panel off for a while and see if it will run longer then 1 hour.

See if it starts and runs OK in Safe Mode. That may help you isolate whether it's a hardware or software fault.

You can also try a Selective startup or clean boot to see if it's a driver causing this.

If that fails, I would format and reinstall Windows in situations like this, or at the very least, carry out a repair.

When it freezes nothing works, no scrol no keyboard, i must restart it. Yesterday after 4 or 5 restarting computer was working 7,5 hour ale no freez.

Next time it freeze i will check a safe mode. Ventilation is really ok, i bought full new pc and all is really hight quality, all temperatures are good, i checked. I don't know if does it metter but: My hard disc is full. When frezes also task manager CTRL+ALT+DELATE isn't working.]

Btw. What is:

1.manual crush dump ?

2.Selective startup or clean boot ?

When i run my pc in safe mode don't freez, i am now checking with hijackthis and spyware search and destroy and will see. Btw. I am using CCleaner every day.

1 more thing. How to use highjackthis ?

Edit:

I used hijackthis and i written to share my resaults with other ppl, before i delate sthing and here it is

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mqh2kw

It'sa log file.

Edit2:

I checked with all programs, but i don't know what to do with highjack.

Edited by komandos59

komandos59

You said your hard disk is full. With all the lockups and crashes I think most of what is on your hard drive is chkdsk files. Use the disk cleanup to get rid of the temporary files and chkdsk files and then follow up with ccleaner (Crap cleaner) This will give the swap file room to do its thing.

Hope this helps

Tony

PS if it still misbehaves then it could well be hardware.

Oops I didnt notice 64 bit OS, but you still need free disk space.

Edited by G8YMW

I made 10 GB of free space. I must give it to a guy who was making this pc for me. And i got 1 more problem. Sometimes when i am using pc w/o freezeing 3/4 hours it starts to behave strange. Mouse cursor changes to diferent colours and shapes and my pc lags with 2 games :o (i used to have 3-4 games, firefox, xfire, steam, avast and some folders w/o lags :o )

i had a problem with windows 7 freezing on a toshiba laptop here recenetly.. i tried a few clean installs but the problem kept occuring...

the solution i found was in the bios...

check your bios and see if by anychance AHCI is enabled for your harddrive.. if it is disable it and see if you keep having the problems

may or may not be your problem but hope that gets ya fixed