Start menu - default to showing all programs?

alexanrs

Hi, I just installed Win7 retail (had Vista x64 before), and I'm tweaking it to my taste ^^

Already made everything as squary as it was baaaack in the day and made the taskbar behave a bit like the old one, setup my toolbars and everything is great (and more stable :D)

But the Start Menu is kind of annoying me... didn't really like neither CSMenu nor Seven Classic Start, so I decided to keep the menu as is, but I really don't like the whole "recent used programs", as I have my toolbars filled with shortcuts to all applications I normally use, and I usually go to the start menu only when I need to get some shady/hidden/buryed thing I don't use so often.... So, is there anyway to make the "all programs" display the default? So it will always show the full list everytime I display the start menu?

Oh, or is there a way to add a custom library to the menu? I found a workarround using a trick that has been out there since Win98 (renaming a folder like NameOfTheFolder.{CLSID}), and if I could add a library with it to the start menu, I'd get the best from both worlds... I'd retain the nice search bar AND the programs menu like the old days xD

is there anyway to make the "all programs" display the default? So it will always show the full list everytime I display the start menu?

Right-click the Start orb, then Properties.

In the Start Menu tab, under Privacy, uncheck box boxes then Apply and OK.