Error Message after Windows XP Pro Startup

Darkforce1

I have just reconfigured my computer using the Nlite deployment tool. Creating the ISO image went well (Fresh OS install) + Intel SATA RAID driver. Burned the ISO image to CD/RW disk, using the tool, and installed the software to the computer. When I first started the PC after the Windows install (XP Professionnal), I got an error message right away. Here is what it says:

" Windows cannot find nhelper. Verify that you have entered the name correctly and try again. To search for a file, clic on "Start" button and then search." I have to clic "OK" six times to make the error message dissapear.

Is there any way to fix this issue or do I have to re-do a new ISO image and re-install the software again. Anybody have any ideas on the subject ?

Darkforce1, nhelper.exe is a utility nLite uses to do much of its work during install. The last thing it does is delete itself. I suspect what you have done is run nLite multiple time against the same source. In this case code gets added after the code that has deleted nhelper and therefore anything scheduled to be done is not completed and your install is not complete. You can look at nLite.inf (compressed to nLite.IN_) to see this - start at bottom and go up. My suggestion is to start over. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice Johnhc.

Unfortunately, I was still unsuccessful. Here is what I did:

1- Un-installed the Nlite software from my computer

2- Deleted everything pertaining to the previous set-up/ install

3- Re-installed the software on the computer

4- Made sure to use a fresh install of the OS

5- Used the 32 bit drivers only to integrate onto the new ISO image

6- Integrated everything into one session only.

Result: Same thing happened.

My son was getting impatient with me so I asked him if it was an issue for him and he said he didn't mind for the time being. I had previously done the same exercise a couple of weeks prior with my 64 bit OS and installed it on my new computer without a hitch. To this day, I still don't know where I went wrong.

Darkforce1, please attach (not paste) your Last Session as, we asked, and find the NLITE.IN_ file in the nLite processed folder and attach it also. If you are running nLite under XP x64 to create an XP (32 bit) ISO, that may be a problem. Thanks, John.