Windows PE | Boot from USB

anoe

Hello,

At my job i have created a bootable usb stick [32GB usb2 SSD disk] with Vista PE [waik]

but we seem to miss a 'windows explorer' to manage files and data. there is a working

explorer by the name of bsexplorer and wonder if there is another version available other

then bsexplorer.

Also i have seen a Windows XP PE version with the explorer.exe running just fine...how

to obtain the xp pe version.

rgds

Edited by anoe

there are a number of different file explorer applications that work within PE, bsexplorer, freecommander, A43, Xenon to name a few.

You can even get a sudo start menu using the PortableApps menu from portableapps.com

there are a number of different file explorer applications that work within PE, bsexplorer, freecommander, A43, Xenon to name a few.

You can even get a sudo start menu using the PortableApps menu from portableapps.com

IcemanND, thx for the warm and helpful reply...i will check these not alap. i just miss the

explorer type like the xp classic one. just noticed that the 'hirens 9' has a live xp like i

would love to build my own but it seems the cd is not so legal. however, we do have many

of the dos programs in our company with a lic.

• 1 month later...