Image Deployment from HDD

randalldale

good work randalldale.... i like what I see here.

One alternate suggestion is to create the xp image to a WIM file. Then u can use the bootmgr/winre/imagex to deploy. This is possible to do but rather requires a bit of prep work (much of which I am not familar with).

dpc

• 3 weeks later...

The only issue with using the WinRE.WIM method is it is not supported by Microsoft for Windows XP and some of the info I have been reading is that a Windows XP install while it will work most of the time using the WinRE method however there seems to be some occasional errors and BSOD's. Since it is not supported I could not get any help from MS thus would be stuck with errors and I can not provide an unsupportable solution.

On a side note I plan on using the WinRE method for my Windows 7 installs and will be happy to post a 'how to' when finished.

The only issue with using the WinRE.WIM method is it is not supported by Microsoft for Windows XP and some of the info I have been reading is that a Windows XP install while it will work most of the time using the WinRE method however there seems to be some occasional errors and BSOD's. Since it is not supported I could not get any help from MS thus would be stuck with errors and I can not provide an unsupportable solution.

On a side note I plan on using the WinRE method for my Windows 7 installs and will be happy to post a 'how to' when finished.

How to is already covered here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/windows-recovery...vd-t140061.html