How to edit nlite

joe sixpack

:thumbup

How do i edit(and burn) an nlite version of win2000? How do i create a new bootable iso? I would like to remove:

1)DirectX7

2)Msagent

3)Hyperterminal

4)Java

5)Ms backup

6)Command promt

7) ADD(+) support for partitions greater than 128GB without sp4

Below is the .ini file....

[Main]

Env = 1.0 RC4 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0

Target = Windows 2000 Professional - build 1 - English (United States)

The rest of ini file is an attachment.... :blink:

Last_Session.ini

Edited by joe sixpack

How do i edit(and burn) an nlite version of win2000? How do i create a new bootable iso?

Your question is quite confusing, as from what follows, you seem to be familiar with the process or at least have done it once. Or else where does the ini file come from ? Is your question "how to use nLite?"

:rolleyes::unsure:

I can not start fresh. This is an older nlite version. Please note I can NOT use newer versions of nlite with win2000 and winXP :}

I get net 2.0 errors one page long. Clean install of OS. I will post a separate thread about this. I can only start from scratch with an older version 1 nlite(see ini) and an older version of net 2.0. Highly unlikely i will find these for download :P

>>As stated above, it should be possible to edit this working version of nlite. I also would require assistance creating a bootable iso.

it should be possible to edit this working version of nlite. I also would require assistance creating a bootable iso.

possible, maybe. supportable, surely not. *not that its supported anyway, but makes troubleshooting inordinately more difficult*

I also would require assistance creating a bootable iso.

I use cdimage, there is a nice version out with a GUI but the command line would look something like:

sourcefolder = the one that contains the i386 folder.

deployfolder = wherever you want the output

cdimage -CDNAME -b%sourcefolder%\bootsect.bin -h -n -o -m -w2 %sourcefolder% %deployfolder%\output.iso"

Edited by iamtheky

Maybe I don`t understand correctly due to my poor english.

1. You can`t run a newer version of nLite than 1.0RC4 under Win2000

because you are getting errors caused by .NET ?

2. You are looking for download nLite 1.0RC4 ?

3. Why can`t you start with a fresh source of Win2000 ?

I can not start fresh. This is an older nlite version. Please note I can NOT use newer versions of nlite with win2000 and winXP :}

I get net 2.0 errors one page long. Clean install of OS. I will post a separate thread about this. I can only start from scratch with an older version 1 nlite(see ini) and an older version of net 2.0. Highly unlikely i will find these for download :P

Then you sure have other issues, because both nLite 1.4.9.1 and .Net 2.0 work fine on 2000 and XP.

Linking both threads to each other is not going to clear things up. nLite 1.4.9.1 is out since almost a year, would it have problems running with .net2.0 we would have noticed by now. There is obviously someting wrong with all your OSs.

You can :whistle: as much you want, still no one seems to even understand what you want to do. Is it "edit an nlited set of files without using nLite" ?