500Gb barracuda 7200.11 SD 15 shows 127 Gb [Solved]

hi all,

i had some problems with old 7200.11 . i'v send it to seagate and got replacement of that 500 Gb drive. after i get it im using Windows 7 . when i connected it shows 127 gb in any of the windows!!!

than i tried it in ubuntu 9.04 in that it shows 500 Gb. so, i partitioned it in ubuntu as ntfs and after this when i came back to windows 7 it works fine. But after reboot again same 127 Gb :angel . now m confused .. because ubuntu got some bug on intel G41 motherboard and that's why i cant use that!!

what to so? is it hardware problem ? operating system problem ? or bios problem? please suggest me a solution.....

and yep i'v got windows 7 7600 ...

Another thing you could do is partitian the drive to below the amount you are limited to. That is what I going to do from now, since programs like scan disk will not work for huge partitians. Also like another person said, it could be the limitation of the computer BIOS itself rather then windows.

That could probably be like four partitians of 100GB or so.

Another thing you could do is partition the drive to below the amount you are limited to. That is what I going to do from now, since programs like scan disk will not work for huge partitions. Also like another person said, it could be the limitation of the computer BIOS itself rather than windows.

Do NOT propagate misinformation! ScanDskW and Defrag (both from Win ME, provided one also uses DiskMaint.dll from Win ME) are known to work OK with up to slightly above 850 GB partitions (= 26,389,392 clusters of 32 kiB ). Scandisk for DOS (from Win ME) supports up to 1 TB, if not more. Isn't that huge enough? Search the forums before you post. Start reading here, follow the links and the links in the linked posts. And, BTW, while partition size does matter for ScanDskW, Defrag and Scandisk, it is utterly irrelevant for the classic 128 GiB BIOS limit (= lack of 48-bit LBA support).