7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@tcntad

Your steps are ok.

Which language pack did you integrate?

I think the language pack file has a problem. If not, then that is a new bug.

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

Edited by blue4603

@tcntad

Your steps are ok.

Which language pack did you integrate?

I think the language pack file has a problem. If not, then that is a new bug.

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

Thanks man and no worries, ill help you as much as i can :)

I tried to integrate both chinese traditional x64 and english x64.cab

( i downloaded them earlier directly from MS themself, using links from mydigitallife website ).

I used windows 7 toolkit to convert them from .exe to .cab beacuse i was lazy to run the exefile and wait a few seconds but could that be the problem?.

Well, im gonna try once again later when i come home from a friend and see if it works again, maybe it got extracted wrong way or something..

Ciao..

Edited by tcntad

@tcntad

thanks man for your help and feedback.

You could use a utility to convert the exe(language pack) to a cab file. Click here to download it

It is very easy to use. Choose the exe(language pack) and then choose where to save the cab

Regards

@tcntad

thanks man for your help and feedback.

You could use a utility to convert the exe(language pack) to a cab file. Click here to download it

It is very easy to use. Choose the exe(language pack) and then choose where to save the cab

Regards

Thanks for that, ill try it right away :)

Edit: Hm got an error message trying to extract the x64 languagepacks, courrpt maybe. ill download them again..

And a question.. Do you or anyone else here know how to integrate or convert (can i use the tool you gave me??) windows updates which comes as .exe files ? and also java, flash and all that ?

Thanks again :P

Edited by tcntad

It seems to be buggy. Error: Check your log file. I have a Intel x64-bit System.

Which imagX path and which DISM Path is for me the best ? not x32 ?

Blue4603 go on !! I hope you are the new Nuhi and your prog will become better and better ...

log.txt

@tcntad

And a question.. Do you or anyone else here know how to integrate or convert (can i use the tool you gave me??) windows updates which comes as .exe files ? and also java, flash and all that ?

No you can't. This will convert exe files that have the same structure as cab file like the language pack.

Thanks man for the feedback and now I have an amd64 win7 so I will test integrating chinese LP. With your feedback and my testing, we will be sure if there are problems or not.

@burn

I have corrected the problem and will upload the new release in a moment.

Thanks for the feedback

@pedilover

Did you copy your win7 source to your drive? Or using the DVD drive directly?

Blue4603 go on !! I hope you are the new Nuhi and your prog will become better and better ...

No. I don't want to be the next Nuhi. I am different than him. You could say (I hope I will be as successful as him) that would be better.

Thanks for the feedback man

Regards

@Blue4603

No, I copied the files of Win7 to a separate partition ("D").

But my question again: Which imagX path and which DISM Path is for me the best ? not x32 ?

Thanks for the update, I will try it this evening.

@pedilover

from your log the tool is trying to create the file in F:\Autounattend.xml which I think it is your dvd drive right?

Here is my suggestion.

Copy your sources again to a new folder. start 7Customizer and try again. If it did not work post your log and I will resolve this issue.

Which imagX path and which DISM Path is for me the best ? not x32 ?

From your log you are using win7 x64 ,then you should use imagex and dism that are located in amd64bit folder

Regards

sweet! worked (almost) perfectly this time :D

i have 1 question tho. in the unattended tab we can choose the UI language. does this mean that this language will automatically be installed? because i chose german and i had to manually switch to german after installation :ph34r:

added log and xml in case you want them =)

log.txt

Autounattend.xml

@burn

Glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback.

n the unattended tab we can choose the UI language. does this mean that this language will automatically be installed? because i chose german and i had to manually switch to German after installation

It integrates the language successfully but I do not know why it does not make it the default one after the installation. So basically you need to choose the language that you prefer after the installation is complete. I will try to find out if I could make it the default one.

Thanks man for the feedback

Regards

@tcntad

No you can't. This will convert exe files that have the same structure as cab file like the language pack.

Thanks man for the feedback and now I have an amd64 win7 so I will test integrating chinese LP. With your feedback and my testing, we will be sure if there are problems or not.

Regards

Sweet:)

Yea, kinda knew it wasnt possible at all to do that but worth the question :P

Uhm, i tried the tool, i got 2 errors, one on each LP (eng and chinese) but integrating seems to work fine, im not getting any errors but if installation fails using the english LP im gonna try the ones i downloaded yesterday and see if that works better..

Seems like it was just a corrupt .cab file to me luckily.