7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

so... where i can download the f*********ckin' tools please?
How about you just calm down and use proper language. The OP is doing his best to help all but you have to be patient and give him all the info what doesn't work and what does, you can even debug the whole situation step by step with the OP.

You have been warned, don't do this again...

Ok, sorry but my intention is not disturb the forum! i'm in calm,but is my way to speak, lol. (Sorry for my english again, but i'm sure the online-translators make poor translation than me... lol)

ok, so... i tested my 'windows-7-customized', i found errors for spanish version (i think the OP know how to resolve them, cause i think it's only a folder name bug: "en-us" < > "es-es", that is what the Dism displays when error succed), and i have muuuch more tweaks (Registrys that i created) wich are not in the program, how can i contact with the OP to tell about all of that and collaborate if he want? thanks!! bye.

i created some keys, and i downloaded some others, i have registry keys for...

change the oem information

deactive the "change user" button in start menu

deactive the "Libraris" folder view into the windows explorer,

remove the recycle bin from the desktop,

change to "more opaque" the text down from the logon picture in the logon screen,

configure the options of windows 3D text screensaver (Text in screen, speed, effect, etc...),

active a icon of windows live messenger 9 at the right panel of the superbar (on the time and language bar) (like old versions of wlm...,)

activate the screensaver and temporize it,

see the mouse cursor when "ctrl" is pressed...

change the sensibility of the mouse move,

deactive windows error reporting on the control panel,

change the speed of the keyboard cursor...

... and some more, i want to collaborate, and if the op don't know the method to doy the things i sayed, this are functions that the op could "make" in future versions...

bye.

Edited by pitoloko

sorry, didnt read first port. now i see full picture.

5. Trigger UAC in Vista and 7

is easy i guess, in autounattend.xml

<settings pass="offlineServicing">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<EnableLUA>false</EnableLUA>
</component>

and display resolution is really handy feature. to have possibility of choosing languages from beginning of the setup you must edit boot.wim image 2 and add languages to lang.ini and folders for example ru-RU, fr-FR and so on. if you are interested i can share my part of command files i created to integrate languages needed for me (NL, RU, FR)

@pitoloko

Ok, sorry but my intention is not disturb the forum! i'm in calm,but is my way to speak, lol. (Sorry for my english again, but i'm sure the online-translators make poor translation than me... lol)

I do not see anything funny.

Anyways, the OP means Original Poster and that is me. Now go read the first post first and then read the visual guide and then come back with your problem.

@mickmack

5. Trigger UAC in Vista and 7

is easy i guess, in autounattend.xml

Nope. That was not what I meant. What I meant is that 7Customizer requires to be run as administrator by clicking right click on the 7Customizer.exe and selecting run as administrator. What I wanted is that if 7customizer was not run as administrator it should show you the annoying UAC message. I already implemented this feature. It will be in the next release.

and display resolution is really handy feature

I might look at it in a future release as I mentioned before.

to have possibility of choosing languages from beginning of the setup you must edit boot.wim image 2 and add languages to lang.ini and folders for example ru-RU, fr-FR and so on. if you are interested i can share my part of command files i created to integrate languages needed for me (NL, RU, FR)

Sure why not. I was planning to search about this topic but if you have a solution already, it will be great.

Regards

Hi,

This app looks pretty good so far :thumbup

I encounter a few issues though:

1. When it is creating the iso, I get the following error "Could not find boot.wi in sources." Is it a problem?:

==Creating ISO file==

OSCDIMG 2.55 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2007. All rights reserved.
Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.

Scanning source tree (500 files in 46 directories)
Scanning source tree complete (875 files in 200 directories)

Computing directory information complete

Image file is 3565584384 bytes (before optimization)

Writing 875 files in 200 directories to G:\[Tmp]\WinSe7en_full.iso

0% complete Could not find boot.wi in sources.
Could not find sources\boot.wi. Skipping it.
100% complete

Storage optimization saved 98 files, 21317632 bytes (1% of image)

After optimization, image file is 3546642432 bytes
Space saved because of embedding, sparseness or optimization = 21317632

Done.
==Finished creating ISO file==

2. When it is in the final configuration stage, I get the error, relating my to autounattend.xml file, that is in the attached image, "install_error.png"

3. When reloading the preset, it puts everything in lowercase. Sorry for being pedantic, but is there a way to ensure that it retains the original formatting? :blushing:

Keep up the good work.

I encounter a few issues though:

1. When it is creating the iso, I get the following error "Could not find boot.wi in sources." Is it a problem?:

1. It was mentioned in a previous post that the boot.wi thing is not a problem

2. I see in your autounattend.xml file use of non english characters in <fullname>.

I suspect this is the problem you have when installing.

Blue4603 will probably have a better answer.

avnerk

@theKramer

as avnerk said, it is not a problem.

2. When it is in the final configuration stage, I get the error, relating my to autounattend.xml file, that is in the attached image, "install_error.png"

This is because you put blank spaces in the computer name. I will put the rules for the computer name in the next release

3. When reloading the preset, it puts everything in lowercase. Sorry for being pedantic, but is there a way to ensure that it retains the original formatting?

Sure. I will fix that in the next release.

Thank you for your feedback

@avnerk

If you look at the error image, it says that the error is in the pass "specialize" and the component is "Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup". This is how I figured out the error. :D

@amitri

Yup it could be done.

Thank you for your suggestion

Regards

hi blue again :=), i dont know if its allready been asked as request.

I have two request to be added in the unattended part..

If you got a windows version that has more that just one edition in it fx (starter,ultimate,business) can u make a selection for what version you have under unattended ? so it does not pop up under windows install that you still have to select your version before it continues.

another unattended, the homegroup/workgroup. Is it still possible to change the homegroup/workgroup name in the unattended selection, if so would you be kind to add that aswell to unattended selection :)

for image select (home, ultimate, pro etc...)

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<InstallFrom>
<MetaData wcm:action="add">
<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
<Value>your image name here</Value>
</MetaData>
</InstallFrom>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>

Hi Blue,

That worked :)

However, I have an issue when trying to integrate drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Drivers are latest official WHQL Windows 7 x64 drivers. (I have no problems with integrating Nforce drivers though).

Installing 10 of 11 - D:\[Win_7]\7Customizer\Win7Drivers\Nvidia WinVista_Win7_64
v195.62\NV_DISP.INF: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be
installed.
For more information, check for log files in the <windir>\inf folder of the targ
et image.
Installing 11 of 11 - D:\[Win_7]\7Customizer\Win7Drivers\Nvidia WinVista_Win7_64
v195.62\NVDD.INF: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be in
stalled.
For more information, check for log files in the <windir>\inf folder of the targ
et image.

Error: 30

The command completed with errors. For more information, refer to the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
==Finished integrating drivers==

I have also attached the relevant part of the dism log.

Thx.

for image select (home, ultimate, pro etc...)

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<InstallFrom>
<MetaData wcm:action="add">
<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
<Value>your image name here</Value>
</MetaData>
</InstallFrom>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>

Hi mickmack,

Is the only thing that would need to be changed be the part between the <Value> tags, and for Home Premium x64, would I write:

<Value>Windows Home Premium</Value>

Thx.

Edited by theKramer

I think one thing you should add in the software is the repairing of failure:

Let me say it more detail:

Last week, I was trying to make a mod with 7Customizer, after the work\mount was totally filled, suddenly my computer crashed. Then I can't use 7customizer again, I mean only errors show up after apply. The only way I got it to work again is to change the permission of everysingle thing in the mount directory. It's kind of hard for some newbies.

So I think there shall be a recover from last failure button or something like.

A prevention method in the middle will be good too.

Thank you very much for this software. It saved me quite a bit of time putting updates away after installation.

@wazer

hi blue again :=)

Hello there, long time no see :)

If you got a windows version that has more that just one edition in it fx (starter,ultimate,business) can u make a selection for what version you have under unattended ? so it does not pop up under windows install that you still have to select your version before it continues.

Yup that could be done.

another unattended, the homegroup/workgroup. Is it still possible to change the homegroup/workgroup name in the unattended selection, if so would you be kind to add that aswell to unattended selection smile.gif

This is already planned for future release. It is mentioned in the first post.

Thanks for your suggestions

@mickmack

Yup that is the way to do it. Thanks.

@theKramer

As I mentioned before and in the first post, I can not solve drivers integration problems. These problems are related to dism not 7Customizer.

@chenxuwen

All you had to do is use dism to unmount the image using the command

dism /unmount-wim

Regards

Hi Blue,

That worked :)

However, I have an issue when trying to integrate drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Drivers are latest official WHQL Windows 7 x64 drivers. (I have no problems with integrating Nforce drivers though).

Installing 10 of 11 - D:\[Win_7]\7Customizer\Win7Drivers\Nvidia WinVista_Win7_64
v195.62\NV_DISP.INF: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be
installed.
et image.
Installing 11 of 11 - D:\[Win_7]\7Customizer\Win7Drivers\Nvidia WinVista_Win7_64
v195.62\NVDD.INF: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be in
stalled.
et image.

Error: 30

The command completed with errors. For more information, refer to the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
==Finished integrating drivers==

I have also attached the relevant part of the dism log.

Thx.

Try expanding the drivers files.