7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@Blue

Where are you ?

No still alive. It seems that time passes quickly without me noticing it. Anyways I was very busy with work.

You said that the tool is still alive but you do nothing more for the development.

You have not been here since about 6 weeks.

Because of that the same question : Is the tool dead ?

@Blue

Where are you ?

No still alive. It seems that time passes quickly without me noticing it. Anyways I was very busy with work.

You said that the tool is still alive but you do nothing more for the development.

You have not been here since about 6 weeks.

Because of that the same question : Is the tool dead ?

He wrote on twitter he's developing 7CustomizerLive so he's not completely gone and the tools arent quiet dead.

We can add tweaks ourself so maybe he wants us to help him out abit? Give something back you know:)

Unfortunately Blue has updated the less important tool. It seems really that he is not working any more for the 7customizer.

Since 5 month there has not been any update. I don't believe that there will come any good news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I found a bug in the component removal feature:

When deleting files, you use del, but you don't wrap the path in quotes. The following is from components.bat during the removal phase:

del /f /q work\mount\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Notepad.lnk

The file is still there after installation (and also when opening the image with 7-zip) because of the whitespace in "Start Menu".

I also noticed that you take ownership of Windows\winsxs\pending.xml every time it's in a xml file. Since there are a lot of manifest files, maybe that's a bit overkill? Incidentally, what do you do with the pending.xml? I always thought the lines that contain the string attribute from the xml file get deleted, but I still found them. Is that not yet implemented?

Edit: I found another bug. The components in the components removal screen are not categorized correctly. It seems that in each category only one component is put, I presume the first xml file of that category encountered, and all other components are put into the first category, regardless of what the it says in the xml file.

Cheers

Edited by justibus

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooh, the proggie isn't dead how I thought until now ! Alittle bit it is still alive!! congratulations Blue !! This was the last "update" ?

Real nice of you acting like that.

@ Blue!

Nice update, love to see more:)

hi there,

I still met errors when inserting several updates, attached log file.

i am using win7 x86 enterprise, 7Customizer_0.5.0a

one suggest, is possible that you can print all your commands such as how to use imagex, dism in some kind of log file, i guest your application is only a wrapper, and the application is using kernel tools like imagex, dism and so on. however, i have to say, it's a nice wrapper.

@Blue: Thanks for the update!

I tested it and it works fine now.

There are only two more things:

First, the sorting of the components is not correct (I mentioned it in my post above).

Second, the current implementation does not handle different languages/localizations very well (see this post for a little explanation).

Thanks for the great work!!

[Edit: The second point is actually no issue. Everything should work just fine. Please ignore it]

Edited by justibus